settings for good battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anonymous4a, Sep 28, 2014.

1. anonymous4a macrumors 6502

Some have posted impressive battery life figures with iphone 6 , anyone mind sharing what settings they have ? I'm getting 6 hours usage on a full charge..

2. Rocketpaul macrumors regular

I have turned of the location services for almost every app

3. Makala macrumors regular

I usually don't set up my phone to preserve battery... But if I'm right blu tooth and brightness take up battery. Make sure you close programmes you're not using too, that takes away battery life.

4. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

One has to weigh the costs vs. benefits of turning off features that are improving the overall experience of using a smartphone.

This article is a little old, but the principles are still sound: http://www.scottyloveless.com/blog/2014/the-ultimate-guide-to-solving-ios-battery-drain

6. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Turn off almost everything

I only keep on Cell Network Search, Compass Calibration, and Traffic (who really cares about eating up your battery via GPS for 'location based iAds?).

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

whats an example of an app using background refresh, I have never completely understood this feature

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Weather or Facebook fetching data so that it's updated before you check it or can push notifications to you. (As opposed to updating the info when you check it).

(I believe).

9. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

I'm not enitrely sure, but it sounds like it would waste the battery.

10. anonymous4a thread starter macrumors 6502

Is it better to have auto-brightness on or off to conserve battery ?

11. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Well that depends... are you outside in sunny daylight or inside in controlled lighting most of the time?

A good rule of thumb for battery life is to keep the brightness at 40% or less if you can.

12. wxman2003 Suspended

Under system services, turn off everything but Find my iphone. All the other stuff is meaningless.

13. deviant macrumors 65816

turn everything off, make it a nokia 3310. cool idea..

14. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I leave everything on except for annoying push notifications.

It's a top of the line phone with top of the line features. I'm not gonna turn off stuff to save the battery if I spend at least 20 of the 24 hours in my day at my house, in my office, or in my car where I have a power cable within arms reach.

Kind of sad when you think about it how much time I spend in those 3 places, but it's reality for too many adults.

15. deviant macrumors 65816

Check this guy: foster Huntington. Kinda envy , but it's cool to see how beautiful the world seems and how useless our lives feel sometimes