settings for good battery life

anonymous4a

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Some have posted impressive battery life figures with iphone 6 , anyone mind sharing what settings they have ? I'm getting 6 hours usage on a full charge..

Makala

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I usually don't set up my phone to preserve battery... But if I'm right blu tooth and brightness take up battery. Make sure you close programmes you're not using too, that takes away battery life.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Reactions: BigMcGuire

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Turn off almost everything

I only keep on Cell Network Search, Compass Calibration, and Traffic (who really cares about eating up your battery via GPS for 'location based iAds?).

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
whats an example of an app using background refresh, I have never completely understood this feature
Weather or Facebook fetching data so that it's updated before you check it or can push notifications to you. (As opposed to updating the info when you check it).

(I believe).

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Is it better to have auto-brightness on or off to conserve battery ?
Well that depends... are you outside in sunny daylight or inside in controlled lighting most of the time?

A good rule of thumb for battery life is to keep the brightness at 40% or less if you can.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Under system services, turn off everything but Find my iphone. All the other stuff is meaningless.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 68020
Feb 24, 2009
I leave everything on except for annoying push notifications.

It's a top of the line phone with top of the line features. I'm not gonna turn off stuff to save the battery if I spend at least 20 of the 24 hours in my day at my house, in my office, or in my car where I have a power cable within arms reach.

Kind of sad when you think about it how much time I spend in those 3 places, but it's reality for too many adults.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
I leave everything on except for annoying push notifications.

It's a top of the line phone with top of the line features. I'm not gonna turn off stuff to save the battery if I spend at least 20 of the 24 hours in my day at my house, in my office, or in my car where I have a power cable within arms reach.

Kind of sad when you think about it how much time I spend in those 3 places, but it's reality for too many adults.
Check this guy: foster Huntington. Kinda envy , but it's cool to see how beautiful the world seems and how useless our lives feel sometimes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.