Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
What is the purpose of this setting? My dad and I were trying to figure out who this makes the iPhone more "accessible" to. Maybe color blind people?

The screen capture function wont show the color of the screen but it makes it black and orangeish. Then the springboard becomes white not back, and everything is funky colors, including apps and website. The whole phone gets colored a different way.

I tried searching "white on black" but everything that came up was some kid asking everyone what color iPhone he should get.:rolleyes:

In any event, it looks cool and worth looking at, but does anyone know its function?

EDIT: Yes, I have a 3Gs. The signal in my office sucks really badly, so I'm on Edge.

Attachments

• Picture.png
    Picture.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 75

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
It inverts the colors. Some people have an easier time reading white text on a black background. This feature has been in OS X for the longest time.

control + option + command + 8 does it in OS X.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
It inverts the colors. Some people have an easier time reading white text on a black background. This feature has been in OS X for the longest time.

control + option + command + 8 does it in OS X.

Oh, well I've never owned any Mac/ Apple products other than the iPhone, and neither has my Dad, so it was new to us. Thank you for your responses. Its still pretty cool to look at. And I can also play a joke on my girlfriend and make her believe she messed up my phone :p

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Cool, never noticed this before. I wish it didn't make everything all ugly though. I really like the purple battery icon and the orange 3G icons though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.