Settings>General>Usage issue with Messages

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DuckSoup, Apr 10, 2014.

1. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I have an issue here I cannot solve.

iPhone 5S, 64G, software up to date but I've had this issue since the first time I checked with 7.0 or 7.01. (not sure how long after I bought the phone)

At this very moment I have ZERO Messages or iMessages on my phone. I just deleted them all and re-booted the phone just to see if this issue went away and it did not.

What it is is shown in the two images shown below. It shows 1.1G of messages.

It's been driving me nuts. Over the months I've tried all I can think of. I am not even sure if that 1.1G is REALLY there and I really only have 3.8G of space available or if it's just a glitch and not really there and I have 4.9G of space available.

One note. When I got my iPhone last September at the Syracuse Apple Store, they transferred all of my contacts, email and messages over from my 4S via the iCloud. My 4S (deactivated) ALSO shows 1.1G even though there are no message on THAT phone. At the moment on both devices I have iCloud disabled for all choices except Find My iPhone enabled on the 5S.

Anyone have any ideas?

[​IMG]..........[​IMG]

2. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Do this. I think it's stored on the phone just hidden. If you go to spot light search and search a letter you'll find a ton of messages. Just do a restore.

4. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket