Settings help

richxps

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Hi, if I want to keep my notifications from popping up on my watch , but still get the vibration that one came in, what are the steps for setting that ? Or is it not possible ?
Thanks

iFone88

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2018
Hi, if I want to keep my notifications from popping up on my watch , but still get the vibration that one came in, what are the steps for setting that ? Or is it not possible ?
Thanks
With stock apps, you can set custom watch notifications or to mirror your iPhone notification settings. Go into the notifications section on the Watch app on your iPhone.

With 3rd party apps ie, twitter, facebook, insta etc etc you can only set them to mirror the iPhone or turn them off.

richxps

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Great , so I’m trying the custom but I can’t seem to set it so that I just get a vibration on my watch , for example I want my watch to vibrate when I get a iMessage instead of showing the notification and vibrate at the same time ...is this even possible ?

iFone88

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2018
It will only show the notification if you look it at the same time if vibrates.

only way to stop that is to turn off wrist raise to wake

Reactions: akash.nu

xraydoc

macrumors demi-god
Oct 9, 2005
Great , so I’m trying the custom but I can’t seem to set it so that I just get a vibration on my watch , for example I want my watch to vibrate when I get a iMessage instead of showing the notification and vibrate at the same time ...is this even possible ?
Don’t look at your watch when the vibration comes in. If you look at your watch instantly after the vibration comes in, it‘ll be displayed on the watch. After about 5-10 seconds, it won’t pop up next time you look at your watch.

Reactions: akash.nu