Settings Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DarkSorrow82, Feb 13, 2017.

1. DarkSorrow82 macrumors regular

DarkSorrow82

Something is causing a 1 on my Settings icon showing an update. I checked everywhere and can't find where the update is. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

3. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Yes, if you are on current beta.
    That's not for an update. The badge is telling you that there is a setting that your iOS system wants you to check.
    Likely, it's for a reminder that Apple wants you to select Two Factor Authentication.
    Or, just to check that you have that set for what you want.
    So, look at your setting for TFA, turn it on, if you like - or look at your settings, then cancel. I think iOS will ask if you are sure that you don't want that option.
    Anyway, that's likely why you have that badge on the Settings pane, and should go away after you decide what you want for TFA.

4. DarkSorrow82 thread starter macrumors regular

DarkSorrow82

Yea it appears it was the TFA setting. I had it on but I checked the not now option and it went away. When I checked the account TFA was on however.

5. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

I think it was just Apple with a standard reminder that you should check that setting - not that you would turn it on, or off - but simply to check that it is what you want.
    Part of the security process, which Apple is a little sensitive about, and trying new methods to remind you about security.
    You looked, didn't change anything (just like me!), and your iOS system is now happy :D