Settings Red Badge Got Deleted After Erasing All Contents and Settings please help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dan50, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Dan50 macrumors regular

Right after I got this replacement iphone, It had red badge (1) on settings app since new iOS version is available and I accidentally went to settings and erase all contents & settings (because I wanted to delete my other stuff to be clean) now red badge is gone !! Does this mean it won't give me any badges on settings when new iOS update comes out from now on?? I'm very worried!

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Theres nothing to worry about just go to setting general software update. When you do that the red badge will probably come back but it wont matter because your going to update and then next software update it will be back again. Its no big deal.

3. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

I want red badge to show for my next iOS updates. So Will it notify me again? I'm worried because red badge for settings icon got deleted after "delete all contents & settings" . I need it so I'll know updates available and I don't want to have to keep checking manually from now on. Will it be back even I erased all contents and settings still?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

It will be back at some point at least if a newer update comes out. Honestly though if you are posting on a forum like this one then you are more than likely on enough web sites on an often enough basis that you'll find out about an update coming out before a notification for it shows up on your phone (given that even normally it might take a few days if not about a week or so for it to appear for some if not quite a few).

5. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok why did deleting all contents and settings deleted that previous red badge though? I heard it wouldn't delete apple software things

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It deleted the software update from your phone(because that's part of "all content and settings"). It'll show up again in a few days.

7. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

I already updated it manually by going to setting and check for software updates when that thing wasn't showing. Even if I installed and updated it manually , would it still give me red badge notification in the future?

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yes, after a new version is released (if you haven't heard about it elsewhere and manually updated it yourself by that time).

9. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh ok I was asking because I was very nervous & thought I might had deleted an important file or something that provides the notification alert to appear for iOS since I deleted all contents and settings right when I got this phone couple days ago.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, just relax.
    You can't delete the update notification without jb your iPhone.
    The badge will pop up again or if you go to settings,general,software update it will show up.

11. Dan50, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014

Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

I already went there when this happened..Badge didn't show up when I went to settings,general,software update when it got erased, that's why I'm very worried. All it said was there was new software available and had install now button, no red badge appeared after went back to home screen after going to those steps. I have no idea why. Reason why I hit delete all contents & settings is because I was trying to restore all my stuff back from iCloud into this new phone and then changed my mind & decided to hit stop restoring & decided to start from the scratch. Are you sure red badge would appear automatically still next time when there are updates available for software?

12. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yes, the red badge doesn't even appear until DAYS after the update is released. It's not immediate and it never has been.

You did not delete anything that would change that. You are worrying about nothing.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

14. Dan50 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok. Also I notice that we can't download & install iOS software unless if it's 50% battery and over. When I downloaded it, it was over 50% but when installing i noticed that it was 49%. It just restarted my phone and didn't give me any error messages on my screen (I did this on my iPhone, I didn't use iTunes nor I was on my laptop) right when it was at 49%. Does this mean it was installed successfully or did it only install part of it and were some not installed since it went down to 49% battery? I went to "software update" and says it's up to date.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D
    You're serious?
    Everything installed fine. There is no such thing as installing part of an ios update.
    But please by any means, keep worrying:D

16. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If your phone says it is up to date, it's up to date. If iOS had only been partially installed, your phone wouldn't work.

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

Partial updates don't really happen with iOS. Either the update gets installed or it won't allow you to install it to begin with if you don't have enough battery or something like that.

Also I think you don't get prevented from installing of you are below 50%, just get a warning that it would be good to plug the phone in but you aren't actually prevented.