Setup 2nd iMAC on Airplay?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by eternalvictor, Feb 24, 2012.

1. eternalvictor macrumors newbie

My current setup is my new iMac in the living room and I have a hi-fi connected through an airport express in the kitchen. At the moment I am able to play music on the computer or send it through airplay to the hifi in the kitchen. I have my old iMac currently setup in the spare room upstairs and would like to know if there is any way I can add the old iMac to the wifi network so my iTunes in the living room gives me the option to play music on my 'Computer', 'Kitchen' and also to play music on the iMac in the spare room. Can this be done>

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I can't quite understand what you're asking, but I think you want a way to allow iTunes to use your iMac as audio output the same way it already uses your Airport Express.

Personally, I use AirServer to accomplish this.

3. liquorice macrumors regular

liquorice

Can't it be done with itunes share or am I missing something :confused:

4. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

5. eternalvictor thread starter macrumors newbie

This is indeed what I am trying to do. I just thought that as I already have my iMac and speakers downstairs playing the same music over the wifi I would like to also send the music playing through the iMac I have upstairs so I shall give the AirServer app a go and see if this gives me the solution I'm after.