Setup as new iPhone.

srexy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
So I'm taking my IP4 to the Genius bar later this week and in preparation today I restored it back to factory settings. Everything seemed well until I noticed that the AT&T carrier logo still had my name left in the top left hand corner - a leftover from Makeitmine.

See below for resolution

Thanks to all for replies

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It says that because you restored your iPhone from a backup instead of setting it up as a new iPhone.

Comment

srexy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Umm cant you use MIM, literally type in At&t and call it a day?
MIM is a Cydia App - it wasn't there after my restore.

I missed that bit about the setup as a new phone...

So I should restore as a new iPhone then if I want any of my settings can I just sync or should I be looking for a pre-JB sync to restore from?

If I restore from a JB backup after changing the carrier name am I going to bring any other JB settings over?

Thanks,

Comment

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
OP should have been warned... not the other way around. setup iphone as new phone..... stop trying to install backups

Comment

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
MIM is a Cydia App - it wasn't there after my restore.

I missed that bit about the setup as a new phone...

So I should restore as a new iPhone then if I want any of my settings can I just sync or should I be looking for a pre-JB sync to restore from?

If I restore from a JB backup after changing the carrier name am I going to bring any other JB settings over?

Thanks,
Setup as new and don't worry about settings for the Genius. Once you get home with that phone or a new one, then restore from a backup.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.