Setup as new phone via iCloud?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trellaine, Aug 5, 2016.

1. trellaine macrumors member

I had to exchange my iPhone 6 for a new phone last week. I used iCloud to restore but it never fully worked. Some applications were missing etc.

Now I will say I have two iTunes accounts. One US and one Canadian. So there are a few applications I have from the US store but 90% from the Canadian store.

Because I have two accounts what would be the best way to install everything?

Thanks

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Set up your device using the main account, which means containing messages, contacts, photos etc. After that, download apps you need one by one in App Store.
    This is what I am doing and it is my best way.

3. trellaine thread starter macrumors member

Hmm I thought I did that. And I thought all the apps start downloading automatic ? Whether it's my US or Cdn account. And the sign in pop up shows for the US account and apps.

Hmmm maybe I'll try again.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

If you just set up your iPhone using iCloud account, app should not be automatically downloaded. App will start downloading when you restore from iCloud backup.

5. trellaine thread starter macrumors member

Ohh ok. Right. I know what you mean. Sorry my bad.

Thanks! I will try that tomorrow.

6. trellaine thread starter macrumors member

How do I get the settings and emails and contacts and texts back doing it your way?

Thanks

7. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

If you want everything back then you need to restore from previous iCloud backup, when setting up your device.

8. trellaine thread starter macrumors member

Ya ...okay. Guess I'll try and adjust the settings myself. Phone seems to perform faster the way you suggested setting it up as new phone.

Thanks