Setup for a wired mouse

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wtsheff, Oct 7, 2012.

1. wtsheff macrumors newbie

How do I get my old Logitech Trackman Marble mouse to work with my new iMac?(21.5" OSX 10.8.2) Or do I need to buy a new Imac compatible Trackball mouse? I plugged the old(PC one) into the USB port but I dont know how to activate it and deactivate the majic mouse.
    Thanks in advance,WTS.

2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

When you plug it into your mac - does it work at all (not all the functions, but the cursor at least moves)?

You would generally need some sort of driver to get the additional functions or settings to work - but most USB mice and trackballs will work as a plug and play device for basic functionality.

I'm assuming that since the trackball is older - Logitech doesn't make a Mac driver for it. You might want to try a third party driver if you want to get it to work.

And to disable your magic mouse - just turn it off (switch on the bottom). If you want to completely remove it from your system, remove it from the Bluetooth Preference pane.

3. wtsheff thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the help. I went to the link for Logitech and downloaded the software and I am going again. Thanks to all.