Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
Hello, does anyone know where the intro video is located. the one when u first install mac os x. i can not remember where it is located. thanks for all your help!

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Movie:
Disk>System>Library>PrivateFrameworks>SetupAssistant.framework>Versions>A>Resources>intro.mov

Sound:
Disk>System>Library>CoreServices>Setup Assistant[Show Package Contents]>Contents>Resources>intro-sound.aiff

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
awesome thanks, i'll be checking that out when i get home, the reason i asked is cuz the tiger intro video is really neat and i wanted to watch it again. thanks for your help!

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
i just checked and in tiger that's not the location of the sound or the movie??? anyone know? i used spotlight to search for intro.mov and nothing came up... any ideas??

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
i just checked on my install dvd and i can't find it there either.... seriously anyone have a clue where this video could be? it has to be on the hard drive somewhere because it played after i took my install dvd out.... btw incase anyone is gonna yell pirate i have an ADC account and i am using the official install dvd that came in the mail from apple

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
I heard the reason some people can't find it is because it's in a package, and therefore doesn't get searched with the normal search. Is that true?

Here's a topic (started by me) about the Panther movie:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/102919/

If someone gets the Tiger movie, please post it! :)

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
the directory that was posted works for panther but not tiger, i'll post it if i can get help finding it!!!

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
FOUND IT!!!! it's macintosh hd>system>library>coreservices>setup assistant>contents>resources>transitionsection.bundle>contents>resources> intro sound.aiff and intro.mov!! anyone wanna see?? where can i upload these?

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
macrlz9 said:
i put the sound and vid into imovie hd and i'm saving it now... how do i upload it?

do you not have .Mac ?? if not you can sign up for aq 60 day trial .

i think thats right ? someone confirm

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
ok it's done, the full quality one is 15.1mb that i pasted the two together in quicktime and the one i encoded to mpeg format in imovie is only 4.5mb where should i post?

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
download idisk utility from apple and open public folders drop the file in my public dropbox - user name thestringer

i will upload for you

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
it's not working....

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpeg
    Picture 1.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 116

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
sorry, the compuer froze and i couldn't start back up so i had to reinstall the os but anyways i uploaded the movie, maybe you could post a link so everyone could see. keep in mind this is compressed. the regular quality one looks much sharper.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
got some of the file 4.5mb so far ?how big was the mp4 file up uploaded ?
o it looks FANTASTIC by the way will be uploading what i can link to follow

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
well the full quality one is 15.1mb i actually opened the video with quicktime and just pasted the audio with it and then when i saved it quicktime flattened the audio and video as one.. i don't think that's a feature of the current quicktime... but yea i like how the intro video kinda plays on spotlight technology. but tiger is awesome but still many bugs. it's on it's way! btw i was sent the tiger server dvd as well and it comes with a serial that says it will expire on may 31st so i dunno if that means anything???? maybe a release date??

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I hope you get that up soon, Im really anxious to see it.

I was wondering if there was a way to get the panther intro movie to play when I turn on my computer, before it goes to the desktop?? TIA

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
dejo said:
Is the picture supposed to go black halfway through?

Otw, nice spotlighting!

yes it is... cuz the movie stops playing but the music continues as you register....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.