Setup keyboard like on iPhone

Sairo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
The Netherlands, Almere
Hi guys,

I was wondering if it's possible to setup my MacBook keyboard like my iPhone.
I couldn't find any settings.

What I mean by this is that it automatically puts an capital at the beginning of a sentence and automatically puts a dot when I double press space after my sentences.

I'm not sure if this is possible, it would be nice tough.

Thanks guys.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Hi guys,

I was wondering if it's possible to setup my MacBook keyboard like my iPhone.
I couldn't find any settings.

What I mean by this is that it automatically puts an capital at the beginning of a sentence and automatically puts a dot when I double press space after my sentences.

I'm not sure if this is possible, it would be nice tough.

Thanks guys.
Not that I know of, but it would be handy.

Comment

Rizzm

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2012
No. Keep that feature on iOS devices please. Shift key is your friend.

Comment

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
For me it is no big loss as I am constantly switching between windows and mac on two different machines, so the use of the shift key is for me.

However I can see the use for people who solely use macs - just as long as they don't make it standard lol.

Comment

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
For me it is no big loss as I am constantly switching between windows and mac on two different machines, so the use of the shift key is for me.

However I can see the use for people who solely use macs - just as long as they don't make it standard lol.
That still doesn't make sense, the shift key functions exactly the same way, we're talking about a shortcut that won't effect that functionality at all.

Comment

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
That still doesn't make sense, the shift key functions exactly the same way, we're talking about a shortcut that won't effect that functionality at all.
Yes it does make sense - I am saying that i switch between machines so if on one machine I dont have to click shift to put in caps or full stops and then i switch to a different machine it would annoy me.

So for me PERSONALLY if this option existed I would not use it. :p

Comment

Sairo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
The Netherlands, Almere
Yes it does make sense - I am saying that i switch between machines so if on one machine I dont have to click shift to put in caps or full stops and then i switch to a different machine it would annoy me.

So for me PERSONALLY if this option existed I would not use it. :p
Windows and Mac user as well.
Its not that I dont want to use the shift, I was just wondering if I could be lazy sometimes lol.

Comment

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
There are so many applications where I would not want this. Programming being one of them. Then I'd have to deal with the hassle of switching between regular mode and this lax mode. That would be on top of fact that I input multiple languages. What a mess that would be.

If you're writing documents, there is a setting for it in Microsoft Word.

Otherwise, I think you're just lazy.

Comment