Several Case Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Naro, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Naro macrumors newbie

The first one is how well do the invisible shield skins work? I know they don't offer any shock protection, but will they keep it from getting scratched? The other question is just how long it usually takes case manufacturers to update their line, I know Invisible Shield won't be until the 29th, but is that time frame the same for most companies? Thanks.

2. GanXta macrumors newbie

Having used the Bodyguardz, since the protective films are generally all the same, I have to say that they do very well in protecting from scratches, on my old Ipod Touch. The Bodyguardz are actually already taking orders for their 2nd Gen Ipod Touch protectors, which I just ordered.

3. Naro thread starter macrumors newbie

Would you think a film protector is enough on it's own? And do you know if they're actually shipping them, or just taking orders. Thanks for the help.

4. NothingShocking macrumors newbie

I ordered a 2G case from Incipio today and it already shipped.

5. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

yeah, i checked the website and they are selling them and shipping right now. well, now i don't have to wait to buy my touch.:D

6. GanXta macrumors newbie

I ordered around noon today and they haven't shipped yet. :/ My Ipod Touch 16gb(first gen) was exclusively protected by Bodyguardz and I love them. No scratches whatsoever. Now, if you are accident-prone and gonna drop it, well maybe getting a rubber or leather case or something similar, in addition to it might be better.

7. Strategy macrumors member

Anyone whos owned the old bodyguardz for the original touch,

I was reading the review for the iphone 3g case on ilounge and they said it did not come with a home button piece. Did the touch case have one?

8. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

It depends on how careful you are with your gadgets. If you are a person who always makes sure you have a firm grip on your iPod, a film protector will be all you need to keep your iPod in Mint Condition. However, if you have a tendency to drop things, then a case would be recommended. I had my old iPod for 7 months with an Invisible Shield and no case, never dropped it, and when I removed the Shield so I could sell it, it was like brand new.

And they're just taking orders at this point.

9. GanXta macrumors newbie

The old Bodyguardz for the Ipod Touch had a full frontal piece and the home button part was cut out, so there was just a hole for it.

10. Strategy macrumors member

Damn, I hope this new one has that piece.