Several dead pixels on iPhone 6, do I need a genius appointment?

Broric

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
I got my iPhone 6 on an O2 contract (UK) last week.

I noticed a dead pixel earlier today and then when I spent a few minutes looking I've found 3 or 4 single dead pixels in total.

Can I just take my phone to an Apple store and get them to swap it out? Do I need a "genius bar" appointment?

I have AppleCare+ if that makes any difference (and I assume I'll need that swapping over to the replacement?).

Cheers

Pluto88888

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014
I got my iPhone 6 on an O2 contract (UK) last week.

I noticed a dead pixel earlier today and then when I spent a few minutes looking I've found 3 or 4 single dead pixels in total.

Can I just take my phone to an Apple store and get them to swap it out? Do I need a "genius bar" appointment?

I have AppleCare+ if that makes any difference (and I assume I'll need that swapping over to the replacement?).

Cheers
Just book yourself a Genius bar appointment and have it swap out.
Make sure you check the replacement device before you leave.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Yes, you need an appointment. Check for regular burnt pixels and you might as well check for the sensor burnt pixies which can be seen using 120 slo motion video and a black screen. They will appear like little blurry white specs if you have them. I have two which can be seen in my recorded videos even in light.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.