Several freezing/reliability issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by R1CH4RD 21, May 1, 2010.

1. R1CH4RD 21 macrumors newbie

I have come to use my mac today and it doesn't seen happy!

First off I boot up and it takes longer than usual holding at the grey start up screen. Secondly, once it finally decides to bless me with its presence it continually drops the wifi.

If all this were not enough the usually faultless Chrome seems to crash the complete system every time it is started up! To begin it brings up the beach ball, after a while and no change I try to force quit and clicking on the Chrome icon freezes the whole machine.

There are two things that would like to know, are these problems linked and most importantly how to resolve them.

Thanks in advance.
    Richard

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. R1CH4RD 21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I have tried the above and im still having problems with browsers! when repair the disc permissions I get the following error

Permissions differ on "usr/share/derby", should be drwxr-xr-x, they are lrwxr-xr-x. Repaired "usr/share/derby".
    Warning: SUID file "system/library/core s...as been modified and will not be repaired.

These errors seem to come up no matter how many times I do this.

The computer seems to freeze for approximately five minutes when I open a browser for the first time. I reinstalled chrome and it resolved it for a few days now its back. The computer also freezes when I open or close another program, although this only seems to happen when a browser is open. I have tried reinstalling again and it had no effect.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I would just reinstall OS X, easiest and fastest method