Several Options:

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vgf, Oct 2, 2007.

1. vgf macrumors newbie

Ok, so I'm going to buy some type of macbook soon, but I can't decide what to go with.

1st choice: Refurbished 2.16 1gb ram, 120 hd, white macbook refurbished from apple for $1099, and then upgrade to 3gb ram from http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/53IM2DDR3GBK/
    First of all is this ram upgrade even reliable?
    Total Price: $1232 ish

2nd choice: Refurbished 2.2 2gb ram, 120 hd, 15" macbook pro refurbished from apple for $1699.
    Total Price: $1699

Is the pro worth the extra $500? I think in the somewhat near future i'll be able to afford either option, but the extra $500 would take a little longer. If I go with the regular macbook would i regret it? I'm not sure exactly how necessary the pro would be, but I'd at least enjoy the option to do some stuff with the video card as opposed to the regular book.

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

You haven't indicated a budget, so I'll recommend the Pro, but only if the following things DON'T apply to you:

1. You buy/sell computers frequently, ie, you must have the newer ASAP (doesn't seem like you)

2. Your needs are simple and basic. If all you're doing is email and Word, then go with the macbook. RAM won't add up to $500, and it will still last you a long time.