Several Problems while booting at startup ( leopard )

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by StanleyChang, Jul 26, 2009.

1. StanleyChang macrumors newbie

Recently I have created a windows partition on my computer using boot camp assistant. During startup; no apple logo shows up, only plain grey. When I hold alt; nothing happens. If I release it; it only goes into windows installation... I can't seem to go into safe mode; and my keyboard SHOULD work because my mouse connected to it seems to work also...

What do I do?

2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

Try a wired Keyboard

My parents' iMac sometimes doesn't catch the bluetooth keyboard early enough. You can switch into Mac OS X from the Boot Camp item in the Windows Control panel.

3. StanleyChang thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't installed windows xp yet :(
    I don't have the cd; I created the partition so that I could use it in the future

4. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

You you have a bluetooth keyboard? Try hooking up a usb keyboard if you have it and hold the alt key when booting. When you create the bootcamp partition, it automatically makes it the default boot partition to help with the windows install (normally you would install windows right after partitioning). The windows install restarts many times so if it is the default install it helps to make the install smoother.

After you get into OSX go to system preferences-> startup disk and select your OSX disk.

There is a possibility that your disk has problems from the partitioning so you may need to go boot into your install disk and verify/repair your disk.

5. StanleyChang thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently; I was using the USB keyboard; and the alt still does not work; neither does shift...