Several questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ilestne, Dec 30, 2010.

1. ilestne macrumors newbie

I currently have an iPhone 3G. I got an iPhone 4 for Christmas from my mom. She told me the AT&T employee told her that it would have to be activated/switched over in-store. He didn't say why. My first question is why do we have to go to the store? Or, what are some possible reasons?

Secondly, I do have a jailbroken phone. Should this be an issue? Should I unjailbreak it (if possible) before I go? I mean will my current phone be turned on or will the sim card just be removed?

Help is much appreciated.

2. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

They told my girlfriend the same in Chile, I think it's because you need a microSIM for the iPhone 4 and ATT just wants to be the one activating it instead of just giving the sim to you just to make sure you can use your phone right away.

3. ilestne thread starter macrumors newbie

Gotcha. Should the jailbreaking be a problem?

4. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

No since you don't even need to bring the phone, at least they didn't ask for it to her because the give you a whole new sim.

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Keep your 3G jailbroken. This has nothing to do with the new phone. :cool:Secondly, I would call AT&T first. The new iPhone comes with a new micro-SIM card. You should be able to call up AT&T customer service and they can activate it for you over the phone. Only for certain circumstances should you have to do this in store. Can't hurt to call them up. :)