Several Theme Questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bassguy86, Jul 18, 2011.

1. bassguy86 macrumors newbie

I am a graphic designer and recently jailbroke my 3g. I am wanting to design a custom theme for my phone and have googled and trial/error and cannot seem to figure out how. So here are some things I want to know:

I am on a mac (snow leopard) and want to know how to open/edit/save a .theme file?

Where can I get a full list of what UI elements names and locations?

Can I create a DreamBoard theme or do I just use WinterBoard? Or is there another way to do it?

I got my txt Message BG and bubbles changed but that is all I've successfully done. I have the thumbnails sketched out for the theme I just need to be pointed in the right direction. and if anyone wants to know, it will be a coffee theme. Once I get this down, I'd be willing to help with design elements others need.
    You can see my work at www.jonnypye.com I want to add this theme to my portfolio.

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

3. bassguy86, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

bassguy86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I actually have looked at that before and am confused because I haven't been able to get my new folder icon and background to show up,I'm confused on where to put my folders/images

**EDIT**
    I got the folder icon to show up but not the background when i touch the folder.

This is on the site,

com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.0
    com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.1
    com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.2
    com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.3
    I don't believe in deleting files on a live file system. I renamed my files to 4, 5, 6, and 7.

Do I name MY files 4,5,6,7 or the iPhone's files?

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

You are renaming the iphone's files, hence the preceding phrase deleting files on a live file system. You should never delete files on the iphone as you may need to revert back some day. Stick with a renaming system otherwise a restore may be in your future.

5. bassguy86 thread starter macrumors newbie

So do I rename my files:

FolderIconBG~iphone.png
    FolderSwitcherBG~iphone.png

To 1 and 2? I just confused here for some reason