Severe battery drain on 5.2.1

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by k1ckdapro, Jun 4, 2019.

1. k1ckdapro macrumors member

Hi,

I have been experiencing some severe battery drain since 5.2.1 on my AW Series 4 40mm.

When unplugging at 6:30 AM in the morning it is usually down to 20% at 8:00 PM. Before I still had more than 50% battery left.

I tried unpairing and hard resetting, but it doesn't seem to help with the drain.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Many thanks

2. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

Unpairing and repairing should have fixed. However, when I experience significant drainage as you; I reboot my watch and then I'm back to a day and a half. Apps do get stuck installing, especially if you move from wifi to cell, etc. It's stilla computer and a reboot every now and then keeps it running smoothlyf or me.

3. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing the draining issues. I take my watch off the charger and its already down 2-3% 15 minutes later and just gets worse throughout the day. I have unpaired and repaired it, have zero apps on the watch, have background app refresh off, WiFi off since the watch is always by my phone. 5.2 and 5.2.1 have been horrible on battery life.

4. hubieonekanubie macrumors regular

hubieonekanubie

There are a few threads about this. So far, none of the solutions have helped me. I take my watch off of the charger between 6:00-6:30am each morning and by 9:00PM I’m at about 20-25% since updating to the latest OS on it. Previously I was 60+% at this time. My issue is that If I have a late night, there is no way I could use the watch. This is not taking into account If I use it for any workouts or stand alone using cellular. I have a series 4 44mm cellular. Pretty frustrating at this point.