Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H-B0mb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Has anyone noticed severe battery drain since the last watchOS update?

I have an s4 which it just over a year and a half old (it was replaced under apple care) but I’ve noticed a huge drop in battery life recently. I normally put it on around 6.30 am do a 30 min workout. By mid day the battery is down to 10%

Reactions: Xand&Roby

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Has anyone noticed severe battery drain since the last watchOS update?

I have an s4 which it just over a year and a half old (it was replaced under apple care) but I’ve noticed a huge drop in battery life recently. I normally put it on around 6.30 am do a 30 min workout. By mid day the battery is down to 10%
Have you tried a hard reboot?

Reactions: KenaiAndrews

KennyJr

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2020
Yes! So I took the Itinj24 suggestion and held both side buttons for 14 seconds until the Apple appeared (hard reboot). Now my watch is on the charger. I'll report back on whether this helped or not.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Yes! So I took the Itinj24 suggestion and held both side buttons for 14 seconds until the Apple appeared (hard reboot). Now my watch is on the charger. I'll report back on whether this helped or not.
Hope this helps. A simple hard reboot can fix a lot of things. I get occasional bad battery drain, not like the OP, but it usually corrects the issue.

KennyJr

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2020
Success .. 32 hours after hard reset .. Watch has 25% remaining.

Once one has owned about every type of Apple device there has been since the advent of the first Apple device, one thing, over time, becomes clear .. Don't assume that the way things were done then is still the way things are done now. Best to double-check the current procedure by querying your current forum of choice (MacRumors.com). Thanks for your response Itinj24.

Last edited:
Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Success .. 32 hours after hard reset .. Watch has 25% remaining.

Once one has owned about every type of Apple device there has been since the advent of the first Apple device, one thing, over time, becomes clear .. Don't assume that the way things were done then is still the way things are done now. Best to double-check the current procedure by querying your current forum of choice (MacRumors.com). Thanks for your response Itinj24.
When in doubt, reboot lol. It’s the quickest and easiest troubleshooting step you can take. Glad it worked for ya. Hopefully the OP has the same results. ?

Xand&Roby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2020
Me. But I think it had something to do with 15.2.1, nor watchOS who wasn't updated by weeks.

H-B0mb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Have you tried a hard reboot?
Not yet. Will give that a try.

It’s strange, it’s happening on odd days so not consistent. On the days it has been occurring there’s been no change in usage

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.