Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Armymen3do1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Hi, just today my new 27'' in iMacs wireless Bluetooth keyboard started acting weird. Hitting ceartain keys outputs with three characters rather then one. Also, it has caused me too repeatedly get a black screen advising me too turn off my computer and restart it. I type now from my IPhone as I'm tired of messing with it. Is there Anyway too fix this or must I get a new keyboard?

mtnDewFTW

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Wow that's weird. I've never had that happen to me. And I don't know if Apple would actually ship you out a new keyboard, but you can always try calling them. Since you just purchased your machine, they'll most likely be cool with it.

Anyway, I haven't heard of this problem yet, and I'm not sure if there's any way to fix it, other than maybe checking the updates.

You can always try googling the issue, but I'd just call Apple first and see what they say.

Aug 26, 2008
What you are getting are called "kernel panics." It is the Mac equivalent of the BSOD. Have you tried a different, non bluetooth, keyboard to verify that it is indeed an issue with the physical keyboard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.