Severe Lack of Quality Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Mpalmieri1203, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Mpalmieri1203 macrumors member

Looking at all of the options out there and everything just looks really subpar. Many of the cases people seem to talk up appear to be of poor quality, fake materials or shoddy construction. The shell type cases seem loose, or that they will loosen over time.

Where are the hard plastic snap cases? Are there any sider cases? I jus want to protect the back of this thing.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Check out the offering from Speck and I question your authority to speak against "every" case as I'd venture to guess you have not tried "every case" or at the very least more than say one. Why? New iPad, new form, not many cases shipping right now. :cool:

3. Mpalmieri1203 thread starter macrumors member

After all the iPhone cases I wet through I feel like I can spot a dog a mile away. Anything that doesn't snap or slide offers no real protection in my book.

I'll check out the speck. I just want the case to be clear and less than $50! haha

4. TNSF macrumors member

I'm excited to receive my vaja leather case. Just hope it doesn't actually take 35 days to ship like their website says.

http://www.vajacases.com/

I ordered the ivolution Top SP in black with birch stripe/interior.

5. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Jealousy rages within me.

6. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

http://www.marware.com

I bought the Eco-Vue. Amazing case.

7. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

For the Ladies

Warning . . . This is a female response :eek:
    I found a really nice, quality leather handbag that fits my iPad to a "T". It has a nice lining, ample exterior and interior pockets. There are many "iPad shaped" bags for the ladies this spring! :)
    Didn't really need it since I made my own case (along with matching iPhone and pod Nano cases) but, like a lot of women, I like to accessorize :D

8. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Very nice! I liked the purple quilted model :D

9. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

10. DaneGuy macrumors 6502

I just want a folio that can stand landscape without falling over. The eco-vue looks like it would just slide down unless there is some locking mechanism to keep it from sliding that I didn't see.

11. elleana macrumors regular

www.pielframa.com also makes awesome (albeit leather) cases. Trying to decide between these guys and vaja, its a tough choice!

12. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

DaneGuy I'm hearing great things about the macally bookstand case. I'm waiting to hear back from a reviewer but it pretty much seems like the beat option for typing. no pockets though I think, it is leather though.

13. DaneGuy macrumors 6502

Is it available yet?

14. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

available for a bit more expensive on eBay (waiting to hear back on confirmation that they have it in stock ready to ship) or you can take your chances with provantage.

15. clovis112 macrumors regular

i have the incase convertible jacket for now but i'm eagerly awaiting for otterbox to release an iPad defender case.

http://www.otterbox.com/ipad-case-coming-soon

it may not be everyones cup of tea coz its gonna make the iPad bulkier but otterbox cases have been great for me through the years...

16. DaneGuy macrumors 6502

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! Let me know what you find out.

17. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

Just received conformation. Case is sturdy to type on (same as apple) and the case ships on Monday if ordered off ebay from that seller. i have a 10% off coupon if you'd like it just pm me :)

18. DaneGuy macrumors 6502

Woohoo! Got mine! The inventory went from 10 to 5 really quick so I jumped on it.

Thanks for the coupon. Now I just need an iPad to put in the case...:eek:

19. mysticbluebmw macrumors regular

When I bought my Vaja case for my iPhone 3gs last year, they listed 25 days at that time. It actually took about 6 weeks.

Not quite as bad as when I ordered an Orbino case when I bought my 1st original iPhone. That took just over 2 months iirc.

20. Sdevante macrumors 6502

Waiting on my Temple Bags satchel. Looks amazing:

http://templebags.com/blog/?p=1222

You may call it a man-purse, but I suspect I will feel like a 1900s English boy on the corner - "Top of the morning to ya. Paper for a shilling?"

21. richimages macrumors regular

If it was anything like my iPhone case ... it will take 30 days ...

Mine actually took longer due to something holding it up in customs ... not sure what that was about.

22. richimages macrumors regular

if you want a faster delivery ... I would not choose the vaja. I was thinking about teh piel frama case ....