Sexy iPhone Case Candidates

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Clayne, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Clayne macrumors 6502

Yes, another iPhone case thread, but the others are chock full of ugly designs. Here's some sexy, slim, and/or simply cool options. What are yours?

The BookBook - Classy, doubles as a wallet. Not too bulky, all considering.

Juice Pack Air - not the sexiest, but the extra battery is so compelling.

iPhone Suede Jacket - simple. I like it.

The Desmay Slight - All around thin and sexy. Can anyone vouch for how it looks on a white iPhone?

2. iphone4wanter macrumors member

This one looks really nice! It is really thin and I like how it fully raps around the buttons and holes. I would like to see it on a white iPhone too. I just wish they had a fully transparent case, not a frosty gray one.

3. necodaak8 macrumors newbie

4. Clayne, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

Clayne thread starter macrumors 6502

Nude by SwitchEasy

HEX Code Wallet

BOOST Case - Thin Extended Battery Case

JustCase Metallica Case - Thin case with brushed aluminum finish

iTALKonline Wallet Case

Simplism Japan Leather Case - Holds credit cards

----------

I like it, but I think I like the leather of the BookBook more.

I can see people really digging that. It's damn expensive, too.

5. Bartolo macrumors newbie

That "Nude" looks good to me for what I want (THIN polycarbonate) but I'm wary of anything described as (iPhone 4/4S) for the 4S, as the layout IS slightly different, right?

6. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

I was thinking the same thing, until i saw this review.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDn9r-YdrEM

Those scratches on the case will drive me mad, and it does make the phone look a bit cheap, imo

7. chillhase macrumors member

the cookbook really looks amazing. but for some reason i can't find it useful...
    i like the dismay, though.

are there any other great wallet-style cases? the hex and the one above don't look as cool as the cookbook :D

8. Bartolo macrumors newbie

What are you thinking about for a thin polycarbonate? Or are you going in a different direction?

9. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

I honestly have no clue now, lol.

I did order the Desmay case (as a super thin candidate), but recently have been on the Elemental Case thread and reading about the Vapor Pro case.

I know its expensive, but i just cant put a cheap case on a beautiful white 4s, the way i see it, i will have the 4s for 2 years, and spending $150 for 2 years isn't bad for me, but thats just me. Its an item that is in my possession almost 18 out of 24 hours, mind as well enjoy it.

So, im going to wait and see how the Desmay looks and feel on the 4s, and then see if i will want the Vapor Pro case as a back up to my madness.

10. calviin, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

calviin macrumors regular

Did anyone get the Desmay yet? I ordered the Nude on Switcheasy since it's so cheap, I'm willing to risk it. Anyone got some photos for us?

11. sidebox macrumors member

sidebox

I ordered the BookBook wallet/case. I was also dismayed by the fact that there is no hole for the camera and flash. I have a laser engraver/ cutter at work that I will be using to laser out an opening so I don't have to remove the phone from the case when I want to take a photo. Hopefully it works out well. If so I'll be doing the same for my BookBook iPad case.

12. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Nude looked nice. Here is a similar one, one I ordered a couple days ago.

SGP Linear Crystal

13. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

14. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

15. b24pgg macrumors 65816

I'm a huge fan of plain, minimalist cases with the soft-touch feel. Anything which shows fingerprints is a dealbreaker, which eliminates most metallic and shiny plastic cases.

After much research, I have narrowed it down to the Incipio EDGE in Matte Black and the Incipio NGP in Matte Translucent Mercury Gray. They both provide back protection, face down tabletop protection, and have a matte finish which won't show fingerprints.

I don't know if these qualify as "sexy" to most people since they aren't the thinnest cases in the world, but the minimalism is a big selling point for me.

Incipio EDGE in Matte Black:
    [​IMG]

Incipio NGP in Matte Translucent Mercury Gray:
    [​IMG]