Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttate90303

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2008
California
I've had the SF Bags Ultimate Sleeve so I can answer questions you may have on it. Had it since the original iPad (1st Gen) and have used it up to the new iPad that launched last week. It's a wonderful sleeve with plenty of room and protection. It's what I use to put my iPad in my backpack and travel bag. I got the unit with the leather bottom and it's aged well with no visible wear. I also have the Apple Smart Cover which first within the SF Ultimate Sleeve. Others may be able to speak to the other choices in your selection.

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
If you like the design of the waterfield cases, then I say get them. I have been buying them for over a decade and even my earlier ones still look like new and never have any threads or seams come apart. I buy a case or sleeve for each of my computers and typically any electronic product that I know that I will be using outside of the home for a good amount of time.

If you want something that will last go with waterfield. Their fits are good if you get the case for the right use.

silver8ack

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2010
In my opinion, sleeves that are just sleeves are completely out of the running. I think in order to be a complete solution they need to offer the capability of being some kind of stand as well. I like the WF bags or whatever they are called, but I don't feel like carrying another stand or case for the iPad.

I'd get the Maki out of those choices, but that's just me. I'd also look at the Switcheasy Trig.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.