SF & NY iPad2 availability?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by miwi81, May 8, 2011.

1. miwi81 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I wonder if anyone have a good sense about availability of the iPad2 in downtown SF and NYC?

I will be visiting these cities over the two coming weeks and hope to get my hands on an iPad2. Are Apple Stores the best places to aim for, if so do I need to queue in the morning? Or am I better of trying Best Buy?

Greatly appreciate any answers, and sorry about cluttering the board with another question about iPad availability... :/

2. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Downtown store in SF are always sold out. I had to line up for 1+ hours just to get a wifi 32gb model.

3. gtmac macrumors 6502a

+1. They have Verizon models. I got an AT&T at the apple store on the peninsula on Friday.

4. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

The one in Stonestown also has Verizon only. Nobody wants Verizon haha

5. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

try Mike's Tech Shop in NYC

while I lucked out getting a wifi only model at Best Buy in midtown Manhattan, you could call Mike's Tech Shop on 20th street and see if they have AT&T or wifi models. They won't hold it for you, but they will tell you their stock outright.

Very nice place, Whenever I want another iPad, I'll definitely buy from Mike's.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I find that funny because I live in the Bay Area and people are always complaining about AT&T service, yet no one wants the Verizon iPad or iPhone.

7. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

is the verizon one that bad?? the store by me only has a 64gb verizon one left

8. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

They are always pretty stocked in the staten island apple store ( only like a 15 min drive from manhattan) I'd say you have a pretty good chance there.