SFTP help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by theraider, Oct 17, 2007.

1. theraider macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I have been sftping into my ipod touch for about a week and everything has been fine with no problems. But today i try in cyberduck and i get an error message from cyberduck. This is what it says:

I/O Error: Connection failed
    sftp://root@my.ip.address:22

Unexpected end of sftp stream

I tried connecting in Fugu and Fetch and they both didn't connect (yes i am entering the info right), because I connected through terminal using the code
    ssh -l root my.ip.address and it works. This really a problem because I can't freaking edit anything. If any one knows what is happening here that would be great.

2. gardnerv macrumors member

gardnerv

Same problem here. could someone please help us out?

3. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

4. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Have you checked to see if your IPT's IP address has changed?

5. dellavoce macrumors regular

I've had this problem twice now. I used cuteftp to access and customize my touch with no problem. Then it just stopped working. At the time someone suggested cuteftp was a trial version so I switched to winscp and I could access my touch again. Now it happened again I can't get in with winscp-i even uninstalled and reinstalled it-or cuteftp.

6. dagored macrumors 65816

As Ronnoco has stated, check your Touch's IP address. My changes. If I have not used SFTP in a few days, this does the trick. Also, did you make sure you turned on SSH? I turn it off, to save battery power.

7. dellavoce macrumors regular

I checked the IP (which has not changed) and I turned SSH back on. CuteFTP is currently on Attempt number 14 to connect. This is progress in that it didn't refuse immediately to connect which is what was happening before, but still, it's not connecting.

8. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

eith a comp reset, ipod reset, or a reinstall of SSH did it for me.

9. dellavoce macrumors regular

Two Questions:

1. How do I re-install SSH? It's not on the list of Installer apps.

2. If I reset the iPod, doesn't that mean I have to reload all my music and videos on it as well as rejailbreak?

10. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

1. it is in installer app somewhere, ill edit w/ the name in a minute.
    2. no, just hold power down/home until apple logo. THEN LET GO OF EVERYTHING, or do a simple on/off