SG iPhone X with white back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macrem, Nov 7, 2017.

1. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Sorry if this has been discussed if so I did not find it... finally I was able to compare live silver and SG iPhone Xs side by side and it confirmed my wish: black sides of the SG model with the white back of the silver model. (ideally the Apple logo on the back and the outline of the camera should be dark too).

Both current models are nice. I have never had such a hard time deciding which one to buy.

Curious what you guys think and/or is there a good way to do it (ie buy SG then have white back put on).

2. deuxani macrumors 6502a

deuxani

You are out of luck. With the iPhone 4 it was easy to swap the glass back, just unscrew and slide it off. With the X the back is part of the entire body, so this is a near impossible task.

3. Hater macrumors 6502a

Hater

It's not that hard looking at the iFixIt teardown, just not as easy as with the iPhone 4.

I've had a few Black 'n Gold combos throughout the years

4. Diorama macrumors 6502a

Isn’t the stainless steel rim permanently attached to the back glass?

5. Hater macrumors 6502a

Hater

Ah I wasn't paying attention to OP's wishes, thought he just wanted a white back with a black screen.

Could buy the white back and get the frame anodised I guess, or chemically have some sort of black coating added.

6. macrem thread starter macrumors 65816

macrem

Thanks to both of you for info. On the X the front is the same (black) on both SG & silver models. Otherwise personally I did not like older white models due to front frame contrasting with screen and accented sensors/ff camera.

7. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

8. Shadowbech macrumors 601

no way to do this unless you take a heat gun and manage to pry out the back without damaging it. Best solution is to put a dbrand skin on it.