SG Wireless Plus or WD Passport Wireless?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by awipsuser, Nov 17, 2014.

1. awipsuser macrumors newbie

I am looking for a good wireless HDD to connect my kids iPads to when traveling.

I am looking at the:

Seagate Wireless Plus 2TB
    &
    WD My Passport Wireless 2 TB

Does anyone have any recommendations? Pros/Cons of both?

Thanks

2. R2D2WD macrumors newbie

R2D2WD

Hi, Awipsuser

There are some pretty good reviews and comparisons online. You should be looking for reliability. Check which brand's drives are considerate more reliable. Both devices offer USB 3.0 and some utilities. The WD My Passport has a SD card slot. Since you need the drive for long usage, you should check some battery comparison, but I should warn you that those could be not so accurate.
    Whatever you choose, make sure you use it as a backup destination. I mean, do not put your valuable data only on one device.

Hope this helps

3. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I was in the same boat as the OP for the same reasons. I actually didn't want to spent $200 on a HD so one day I came across the hootoo trip mate on Amazon and after some research I ended up going with that. I just ordered it yesterday so I won't receive it until tomorrow but it's supposed to connect any HD or flash drive and make it wifi connected without an Internet connection of course just like the seagate wireless and WD wireless do. I thought that was a brilliant idea and plus it was a little cheaper. We'll see how it works when it arrives.