SGP and their joke screen protectors.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Eeko, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Eeko macrumors regular

I just received the crystal 3 pack, after waiting a month for it. The protectors suffer from the same problem as a lot of others: they don't cover the entire screen. I lifted it 5 or 6 times trying to perfect the fit. All that achieved was getting an ample amount of dust underneath.

I think I've tried 5 different brands and not one has fit right. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

2. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

What phone?

3. Eeko thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. It's an iPhone 6.

4. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

After all this time you had no idea that all plastic screen protectors won't be able to go to the edge due to the curve of the glass? There have been plenty of threads on the subject. A wet protector like Best Skins ever or something similar is what you need.

5. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

at the moment, literally no plastic screen protectors can cover the edges. There is iloome glass screen protector if you want to cover the edges but they have those horrendous looking borders which is a deal breaker for me. The wet applications cover the edge but the feel for me is a big no no.

6. wxman2003 Suspended

When applying the screen protector, use the hinge method. I can usually apply it correctly the first time without having to lift off and apply again. Of course, this does not solve your second problem with the protectors not fitting the entire glass on the 6.

7. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

I must say that its pretty embarrassing that you have bought all these different screen protectors without reading reviews first. Thanks for sharing, I guess.....

8. h.Matt macrumors member

since otterbox bought Wrapsol few years ago - there's a big chance that the new 360 protection that otterbox released include a screen protector which covers the entire screen, with dry application.

we need to wait for a review from someone that tried it.

9. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

..these are the very ones which I am using. Granted, they do not indeed cover the whole surface of my iPhone 6, however, I actually quite like them!!
    They feel great and don't seem to show up any finger prints (something which my SGP Glass T.R for my iPhone 5 did!) and look great. The gap around the edge of the screen is only literally a few millimeters - which I can live with!

As someone else mentioned, the ONLY way you'll get 'edge to edge' protection is if you go for a 'wet install' protector, which may be fine for you but for me personally, I hate the feel of this kind of shields - very rubbery and sticky and they attract lint (around the edges) like there's no tomorrow!!!

...although I know what this is, have never tried this method. I tend to just try and align the top half of the shield first, and then the bottom half.

Failing that, I just use the Taco method !!!

10. Eeko thread starter macrumors regular

It's not about going edge to edge. It's about covering the entire screen portion. If I'm to leave a sliver of that exposed, what's the point? I hardly care if the edges are covered.

----------

I bought them before reviews were available. In the case of the spigen 3 pack, they had to redesign them, so I just received them last night. I've gotten my money back every time and plan to do the same with these.

I feel like I need to clarify. I'm talking about covering the SCREEN and not the edges. These protectors aren't wide enough to cover that portion of the glass. The only ones that have were some Verizon branded ones, which were too tall.

11. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

... the Spigen 3xpack which I received (Crystal Clear) do indeed cover the screen of my iPhone 6 - perhaps you received a defective packet?!

These were the exact ones I bought (the link shows protectors for the iPhone 6 Plus but the iPhone 6 ones are the same):

Spigen 3x Pack Crystal Clear Screen Protectors

12. Eeko thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, those are the ones. It's possible that I could have received a defective pack, I guess. All I know is that this is really frustrating. I'll be picking up another pack of the tall Verizon protectors after work.