SGP anti-fingerprint question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eyespii, Jan 19, 2010.

1. eyespii macrumors 6502

So currently I've got a Power Support anti-glare screen protector on my 3gs. I love the way it feels, and I love that it remains smudge free. I really dislike the dimming, frosty effect that it gives the screen. Overall, it's a sacrifice that I'm willing to make, but I've heard that the SGP anti-fingerprint gives the same feel, prevents fingerprints just as well, but is a little better when it comes to optical clarity.

Does anyone have a picture of the two screen protectors side-by-side, or is there anyone here that has switched from the Power Support to the SGP? I've tried searching, but haven't found anything.

Also, seems like all the stores online are out of stock of the SGP anti-fingerprint. I've seen a couple of them being sold on eBay, but I'm not sure how legit they'd be.

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I currently have the SGP anti-fingerprint screens but i don't have the PowerSupport anti-glare anymore, all i can say is that they are both frosty but the SGP might be just slightly clearer but nothing really noticeable once on the phone.

You will not find a screen protector that is 100% clear with anti coatings. So just stop being frustrated and go with a clear protector it's the best way to enjoy the iPhone to the max, im talking from experience.

3. eyespii thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, thanks for your response. Sounds like there isn't a noticeable enough difference between the sgp and the power support anti glare protectors to make the switch. I'll give the clear protectors a try and see if I can stand the fingerprints.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

More then a year ago i started to use anti-glare and yeah it helped with fingerprints and just made the glare more matte and smudgy.. IMO the Power Support screen protectors are the best and the most easy to install but they are pricy, but you will never need to use more then one after applying it. I have one for a year now and it looks brand new.

Fingerprints are not really an issue if you take care of your hands and clean them before touching your screen. A quick and simple wipe with your shirt will do the trick to clean the screen (protector)

For any other question you might have regarding cases, iphone stuff you can always contact me via email thru the "contact page" on my website.
    Enjoy!

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

6. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I have used both PS and the SGP shields, and even had them side by side on 2 phones. The SGP is visibly more clear side by side. I would never go back to PS after using SGP. People have their favorites, but for me, SGP is my choice, by a mile.

7. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

thats over 2 months later. i currently have the sgp steinheil crystal and haven't taken it off for months. i have a 3 more sets left and it would probably take years to use all of these. one of the best screen protectors out there

8. Pared macrumors 65816

Completely agree. If you've used both, you'll know the SGP AF is much better in terms of clarity.