SGP Case ULTRA SILKE R Series

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nmurrells, Aug 12, 2010.

1. nmurrells macrumors newbie

2. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

For $20 seems like a pretty good case. Better than the other one they released a week or two ago.

3. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

4. princesultan macrumors regular

pretty good price considering it comes with the screen protector.

is that a TPU type material?

5. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I like the fact that they put in metal buttons for the volume and on/off switch as opposed to just some rubber overlay or an actual cutout

6. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

the buttons look like they are just painted or something weird

7. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Lol, they compare it to the pixelskin HD saying it has no "mold" line. They don't specify it is made from TPU, just silicon. I guess we would have to wait for user reviews to determine that.

8. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

I was considering getting the Incase Slider but after reading the Incase thread and the case scratching and bubbling screen protectors, I'm now leaning towards this case.

Considering that it comes from SGP themselves, the case should not bubble up their screen protectors which is a big plus since I have the Oleo.

I went ahead and emailed them yesterday, but I have not heard back from them about the availability of this case. Anyone have any idea on an ETA?

9. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

You can probably ask on their Facebook page and their rep who monitors the page usually has some answers

10. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

It says silicone. Ew.

11. waltercln macrumors regular

i asked about this and they said, "suppose to be" available in several weeks.

12. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

The case seems to be available now. I read on their facebook page and it's only available in black right now. Just giving everyone a heads up.

13. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Well, I went ahead and ordered one. I thought for the price it was good and plus it brings a SGP crystal. I will try and do a review for the case w/ SGP crystal to test any bubbling, ect.

14. SR Steve macrumors member

Agreed. Plus the design looks very clean and the extra padding in back seems to be a good idea... looking forward to a hands-on report.

15. Mcflip78 macrumors member

Got this case this week. It's a great case. I got the NGP soft shell from Walmart, but altho it's a great case, it added some bulk that i didn't like. This SGP case is great. Got it in the indigo blue. The case doesn't collect lint and it's texture is unlike the usual silicone case in that it slides in and out of the pocket pretty easy. It adds very little bulk and flows with the case. It sometimes feels like i don't even have a case on. It has some extra padding on back for shock protection as well. I intend to use this case for a while as it offers full body protection.