SGP Cases - a few questions?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by deadparrot, Jul 31, 2009.

1. deadparrot macrumors newbie

I've just bought a black 3GS and am looking to purchase a slim case for it. I really like the look of the SGP cases, but have read mixed reviews on the build quality. Are they likely to fall apart?

I am interested in the UltraThin Black, UltraThin Carbon and UltraThin HiGloss. My other question, besides build quality, is will these catch on the inside of my pockets? I have used cases on other assorted Apple products in the past and generally did not like them due to catching corners or rubber surfaces!

If the SGP cases are not up to par, are there any other similar suitable cases about?

2. SuperKat macrumors regular

Ultra Thin

I have several SGP Ultra thin cases, but I didn't get the gloss one. I heard it's bad with fingerprints.
    The iPhone just snaps right in. I like it, it looks sharp. I did get the carbon one first, it's plastic and replicates a carbon look. The regular Ultra-Thins have a soft feel to them.
    There are a few pics in the Best iPhone Case forum...

3. vbui26 macrumors newbie

incipio feather

i have the feather and it is a VERY thin case. it hugs the phone very tight and it is easy to put on and off. however, it is meant to reduce scratches on your back, the bezel and bottom are not protected. i wouldn't trust the case to protect my phone if i were to drop it.

4. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

I have a SGP case. I ordered the carbon looking one but I received the ugly crocodile leather looking one. They were pretty quick to return my emails when I had questions about buying the case, but once I received the wrong order I sent then 2-3 emails with no response. A positive about the ultra thin case is just that, it's really thin and adds almost no bulk, but really doesn't protect much.

5. tboooe macrumors regular

I have 2 SGP

I bought a pink one and a black one. I have had no issues with them. I really like how low profile they are but they do leave a lot of the bezel exposed. I prefer covers that show just the front facing part of the bezel. So far the ifrogz luxe and griffin reveal are my favorites. Good luck.