Sgp crystal or zagg

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Che Castro, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

How is the sgp crystal clear compare to the zagg with fingerprints and smudges ?

Which one is better?

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I would probably have to say the SGP although I haven't used either. The ZAGG is mainly for scratch protection, not fingerprints and smudges.

3. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Neither. I am a little put off with SGP and how they changed their films. The adhesive is too strong now and if you get any dust under it during installation, its nearly impossible to get out. I really like the Switcheasy Pure+, Griffin or Power Support for the crystal shields.

If you are looking for a shield, nothing comes close to Clear Coat. It has not orange peel effect and repels fingerprints fairly well. It does have a bt of a sticky feel to it and it makes it a bit harder to slide your finger over. Check their website for kiosk locations near you in a mall. Its worth the $10 to have one of their professionals install it. They are usually very very good. I am a perfectionist and I had not complaints about their installation.

4. nivekr11 macrumors regular

I have had many of both. I will never use Zagg again.

5. srcstc macrumors member

6. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Hm?

7. 301finest macrumors regular

I agree. I'm using zagg now and it's perfect for just protecting scratches. But it does smudge pretty bad, im constantly wiping the screen. I just order some cheap screen protectors off ebay for $0.99

8. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

I got the sgp crystal that came with the sgp bumper case

I like it better than the zagg the clarity looks the same to me
    When playing games the sgp is more slippery so is hard to control the car in gangstar

I got the sgp hybrid ex bumper case zagg on the back and sgp crystal on the front

Lookin at the back now it looks ugly with that orange peel compare to the front

I still have a back sgp protector

Is the back screen protector as easy to install as the front?

I only got one shot with this

9. triptyx macrumors member

triptyx

The ZAG was like having a huge piece of orange peel finished rubber on my screen. It truly sucked.

10. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Indeed, the Zagg was a very bad combo with the orange peel and the rubbery feeling. Sometimes it would stick to whatever surface it was on (e.g. a table) and I thought the thing would peel off. In any event, I've never had a problem with any SGP protectors so I use those.

11. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Neither. Power support crystal ftw!!!