Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
How is the sgp crystal clear compare to the zagg with fingerprints and smudges ?

Which one is better?

awtryau89

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
Neither. I am a little put off with SGP and how they changed their films. The adhesive is too strong now and if you get any dust under it during installation, its nearly impossible to get out. I really like the Switcheasy Pure+, Griffin or Power Support for the crystal shields.

If you are looking for a shield, nothing comes close to Clear Coat. It has not orange peel effect and repels fingerprints fairly well. It does have a bt of a sticky feel to it and it makes it a bit harder to slide your finger over. Check their website for kiosk locations near you in a mall. Its worth the $10 to have one of their professionals install it. They are usually very very good. I am a perfectionist and I had not complaints about their installation.

301finest

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2008
I agree. I'm using zagg now and it's perfect for just protecting scratches. But it does smudge pretty bad, im constantly wiping the screen. I just order some cheap screen protectors off ebay for $0.99

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
I got the sgp crystal that came with the sgp bumper case

I like it better than the zagg the clarity looks the same to me
When playing games the sgp is more slippery so is hard to control the car in gangstar

I got the sgp hybrid ex bumper case zagg on the back and sgp crystal on the front

Lookin at the back now it looks ugly with that orange peel compare to the front

I still have a back sgp protector

Is the back screen protector as easy to install as the front?

I only got one shot with this

triptyx

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
The ZAG was like having a huge piece of orange peel finished rubber on my screen. It truly sucked.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Indeed, the Zagg was a very bad combo with the orange peel and the rubbery feeling. Sometimes it would stick to whatever surface it was on (e.g. a table) and I thought the thing would peel off. In any event, I've never had a problem with any SGP protectors so I use those.

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Neither. Power support crystal ftw!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.