SGP customer service-excellent!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by DashSatan, Mar 29, 2012.

1. DashSatan macrumors 6502

I bought an sp off amazon for my iPad and in the mail it got dented which left a large bubble. I contacted SGP askin if they wouldn't mind sending me a new one, however it was sold through amazon by a 3rd party so they told me to contact them. I did and they said they'd give it to me for 50% off. When SGP inquired how it went I told them the discount option so they contacted the seller for me and got them to ship a new one out to me, free of charge. Excellent customer service!

2. ZipZap macrumors 601

Good customer service. Excellent would have been SGP exchanging it directly.

At least they did follow up with you!

3. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

My experience was a bad one. However that doesn't seem like great customer service.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Why? It wasn't purchased direct from SGP but from a 3rd party seller on Amazon who packaged it so poorly it got damaged in the mail how was it SGP's responsibility to replace it? SGP went out of their way to help by "prodding" the original 3rd party (NOT SGP) seller to replace it at no charge which SGP had no obligation to do. Why should SGP (or any company for that matter) replace something that was damaged because one of their dealers shipped it poorly? It would be that dealers responsibility. It wasn't a "defective product" it was poor shipping packaging.

5. glen e macrumors 68030

I bought a power brick/battery from the SGP website after reading about it on Schneider's site. I got it and let it charge my ipad which drained it, it would not recharge. So I emailed their cust serivec. Within 3 hours I had a prepaid ups sticker and one was being sent out that day.

how 's that for cust service, does that qualify?...wow, what a SCAM company...

ridiculous....