SGP from korean ebay store - fake or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mychu, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Mychu macrumors newbie

Have you ever ordered something from "wowsomethingnew" eBay store? They are from Korea like SGP factories.

http://myworld.ebay.com/wowsomethingnew/

I'm affraid of it's fake but they have a lot of positives so I'm confused :confused:

2. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

3. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

4. Mychu thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks.
    I've bought it.

After I receive I'll verify the MPN and let you know :D

5. LTMK macrumors member

If they are selling for the same price .. and give you a fake one.. just return it and complain to ebay... the seller will be in trouble...

6. Mychu thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll do that! :D
    Will see. Thanks for help

7. Black Dawg Down macrumors member

I just ordered last week too.

Seller said it comes in original retail packaging and serial number so I can verify it on SGP's site.

8. jdsun1, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

jdsun1 macrumors newbie

It's legit. Korea is not China, fake stuff is sold illegally on the streets in Korea and generally hard to find.

9. More-TR macrumors newbie

More-TR

Authorized SGP resellers on ebay:
    • Unitedsgpcorp
    • jabe-deals
    • electronics-deal
    • youlovethisdeal
    • Sgpstore1

These are from USA. If you want to buy from Turkey, we ship worldwide.

Please contact :cool:
    www.more-tr.com

10. Mychu thread starter macrumors newbie

I've received it today, checked on original.sgpstore.com and it's genuine SGP product :D

Great product, excellent communication, very fast shipping (7 days) with tracking. Will recommend this seller for everyone!

11. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

SORRY TO BUMP, but has anyone bought from the seller "easybuy-estar" on ebay? His (her?) feedback's 100% solid (he has a top rated seller badge) and accepts returns, but his prices so low I'm afraid I'm not getting the real deal.

http://myworld.ebay.ca/easybuy-estar

12. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

I heard there are so many fake SGP product sold online. I've shopped several times, and I use only their website.

13. misterjrw macrumors member

Only problem is, as i have found out to my disgust, is that you will not get any warranty from SGP if you have an issue.

I, like you, purchased the Glas.t from 'wowsomething' new for the iPhone 4S and after 3 months of perfect use, the adhesive is lifting from the middle and spreading outwards. Emailed SGP and even though it is a legit SGP product, they will not honour the warranty as it was NOT purchased through themselves direct, or through their amazon partner.

NOT HAPPY - surely if it is a legit product, and verified by the code in the box, surely they must honour any warranty issues?

14. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I told you guys that Spigen plays games. I'm not purchasing from them anymore. If those of you choose to then make sure you purchase it through a payment system that allows you to dispute or provides purchase protection.

They clearly feel we should give them money for substandard products and not expect any remuneration should anything go wrong.

15. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

That's actually understandable from a manufacturer's perspective. They have no idea if you have a genuine product or not, and really no way to tell. The MPN "verification" is really misleading, anyone can take their MPN and print it on a box, it doesn't prove anything. It's like saying "Anyone who know's my phone number is surely the real Ray." But well, hundreds of people know my phone number!

So yea, its a shi tty thing that they're doing with their warranty policy, but there is a bit of a rational behind it.

16. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

then why are they bothering to have 'authorized sellers' at all? If you aren't going to warranty your stuff through them then they aren't authorized sellers.