SGP full body and Apple bumper do not fit together.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pinkjerseygirl, Jul 12, 2010.

1. pinkjerseygirl macrumors newbie

Hi. I bought a SGP EX Ultra Crystal full body kit. the bumper fits on the phone with just the front and back sheets on. If I apply the side parts that go on the aluminum, it doesn't fit. Does anyone have this problem?

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

That must be some thick stuff. I have a full body skin on and my black and white bumper fit fine. I am using Phantom Skinz

3. H3nk387 macrumors newbie

Hmm this is weird since they advertise the SGP skins as "Apple Bumper Compatible" on their site.

Would be interesting if anybody else has this problem as I'm looking at buying the SGP EX Ultra Crystal full body kit as well to use with a bumper.

4. pinkjerseygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm sorry, i should explain further. the bumper FITS but the top silver button and the volume buttons are unusable. they become rigid and unable to be pressed in. so basically the bumper is unusable on it.

the skin itself is good though.

also, i had to remove the side parts on the aluminum and it works after that. i don't think it's too much of an issue since the bumper pretty much makes the aluminum stickers pointless anyway.

5. mcqueen macrumors member

I have the EX Ultra Crystal full body install on with a black bumper and it fits/operates perfectly. A better fit than before I applied the films, actually

6. pinkjerseygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

hi. you applied the sides as well? thanks.

7. kicks macrumors newbie

I have the SGP Matte InvisibleShield full body installed (front, back, and sides) and had zero issues when I tried the Apple bumper on my phone.

8. mcqueen macrumors member

Front, back and sides. I'm not really sure how the installation would affect the bumper buttons?

9. vbui26 macrumors newbie

I have the full body ultra crystal on also and it fits perfectly...front back sides tops, everything. I think the bumper fits better with the side shields. Are you sure you applied the sides on right?

10. pinkjerseygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm starting to feel awfully stupid now.

there was no instructions in the box to install the sides, only the front and back.

maybe i did it wrong? i mean i'm not a total idiot, i just used common sense where everything should stick to and in the end, it covered all the silver with no overlapping or extra parts.

11. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

When i tried to install the full body SGP EX set the bumper didnt fit with the side pieces on. It made the sides of the bumper stick out and it didnt look like it fit right. I took off the polyurethane sides and everything was good again. I ordered a luckylabs iPhone wrap since it is thinner.