SGP "Incredible Shield" is AWESOME

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dauerhippo, Aug 22, 2008.

1. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I ordered my SGP Incredible Shield from sgpstore.com earlier in the week. I put it on yesterday, and I've been using my iPhone all day today with it on.

I HIGHLY recommend this shield over the Bodyguardz. I haven't tried the Invisible Shield, but I'd imagine this blows that away too.

1. EASY to install. I am more concerned with the back piece, since I use a powersupport anti-glare on the front. The corners go on easily, and they leave only a sliver of space uncovered. They are cut so well, so there is no piece that sticks up or anything like that. The bezel is covered by 4 individual little strips that go on, independently of the backpiece. Looked difficult at first, but installation was a snap. I've put on bodyguardz before, and the process made me want to kill myself. This was EASY, in comparison. Took 10-15 minutes.

2. Protection: I had the bodyguardz before, and even the included squeegee would scratch that thing. SGP advertises that their shield is 30% thinner than the others, without compromising protection. So far, it seems they are not wrong. I tried scratching with keys - still looks perfect.

3. Price - $25 for two sets (but only comes with one bezel strip set - weird). This is pretty on par with the others (except the BSE, which I haven't tried). Comes with the squeegee, spray solution, a lint-free cloth, 2 backpeices and one front-piece. I didn't put the front piece on, but it looks like similar to the powersupport crystal films - and doesn't require any liquid to apply it.

Hope this helps someone!

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Can you post pics of the cut on the back? Please... :D

3. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

I really wish I could, but I don't have a camera. I have one of those little mino things, which could work, I guess. I'll give it a try, and let you know.

4. pflau macrumors 6502

You got a scanner? That would work too.

5. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

I have one at work, so It would have to wait till Monday - and then I have to deal with the weird looks from people wondering why I'm scanning my iPhone!

It'd be hard to explain that I'm scanning my phone to show the corners of the plastic film that I've applied to it, so I can show someone I've never met in real life, on a mac-lovers forum!

Yeah, that will definitely go over well!!