SGP iPhone 4 Case - Linear Color Series Satin Silver

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iKroes, May 9, 2011.

1. iKroes macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I am new to this forum, but luckily not new to iPhone 4 accessories, I have used quite a few cases and today i got something new i want to share with you guys.

I will start a new topic about the new SGP-series, the linear series.
    In my case, it's the color version in Satin Silver

This Case got here today from the Ebay-SGP store, and the first impression is very positive. I have had many snap-on cases, bumpers, hybrid cases (like the candyshell) and leather pouches. Never have I tried a slider case before although I heard some positive things about it.

It is a case which is packed in a hard-plastic box (kinda nice). In the box you'll find the case, some paperwork and of course the excelllent SGP Ultra Clear screenprotectors. It all looks pretty luxurious.

The case itself consists of three parts:

- The back cover
    - Upper "bumper part"
    - Lower "bumper part"

The back cover has got some grooves on the corners. It can easily be aligned to the back of your iPhone. After you've put the back cover on your phone, you slide the top bumper onto the device and then at last everything snaps with the lower bumper. The Case is going beyond expectations really. It is super tight! I had expected it would be a bit loose and would not fit well, but I am pleasantly surprised by the tight design! No creeking or squeezing from the case as some users reported on youtube!

I will occasionally update this topic and write down my experiences with this case :)

Some positive and possible weaknesses:

+ Beautiful design
    + Not too big
    + Nice tight fit
    + No problems with screenshields / protectors / skins
    + Good openings (including volume controls)

- Could soon be scratching
    - Lay on the table could've been a little bit higher

As always:

Pictures speak louder than words:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. iKroes thread starter macrumors newbie

3. misterjrw macrumors member

Very nice!!!

I'm just waiting on a smooth white version to come from the states (i'm in the UK).

I particularly like the fact that the bottom part just in front of the 30 pin connector will be more rigid than bumpers, neo hybrid, magpul etc etc.

Hate it when i feel that part of the phone give as i pull it out of my pocket!!

Agree with Joe......those pics are enormous!! :rolleyes: but they need to be to see the detail...much appreciated.

4. ctsoxfan macrumors member

I'm using their Neo Hybrid case on my iPhone 4 - what exactly is the difference between that one and this one? They look the same. I love the Neo Hybrid, by the way.

5. fill67josep macrumors newbie

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Using the same case right now. My thoughts are a bit different though. Mine creaks a lot when grasping and there is absolutely no grip.

7. nles macrumors member

Looks good but the earphone jack so small. Probably won't fit my headphones jack.

Will it fit a back protector? Guess not?

8. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

.....I have to agree with you there! I have the black version with the clear back and while I love the whole look of the case, I just cannot stand that when you grip the sides, the case just creaks?!?! I think this comes from the sides rubbing the back plate. It's a real shame because other than this - it's a fantastic case. I just can't use it, however, because of this issue! Maybe it's my OCD...!!!! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. iKroes thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm that sucks big time for you guys...I just tried again and got no creaking at all, no matter how hard i'm pushing...

Maybe it has got to do with the fact the phone is wearing a back screenprotector and the fit is therefore tighter?

Anywayz, i'm loving this case big time. Big difference is that it is much nicer taking out of my pocket. I hate the sticky feel of rubber which is pulling up my jeans lol :D

10. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

.....just an update on this - I put some tape onto the inside of the case (where the creaking was coming from) and it seems to have silenced the creaking somewhat!!

;)

11. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Nice case but little/no lay-on-the-table protection is a big deal breaker for me.

12. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

Great pics!

Looks as slippery as a bar of soap though.

13. King Julian macrumors regular

I looks a nice case and they seem to have a good range.

I would say the pictures do not do it justice, the pictures make the case look very thick, I assume this is not the issue though. What is the height of the case?

14. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes exactly. It's very annoying. Are you using a white iPhone 4 by any chance?

I don't have a back protector on.

It is so be careful not to drop it :D

15. dgle macrumors newbie

I loved how this case looked and after checking out some reviews, I ordered the Crystal Series in Satin Silver.

Unfortunately it won't fit on my white iPhone. I can get one of either side to snap close but the opposite side just won't, even with a lot of force.

I'm really bummed coz the Satin Silver looks great (not as shiny as the pics on the SGP store as seen in iKroes' nice pics). I ordered the case when I bought the white iPhone (the day of release) before any of the thickness issues circulated :(

I was even considering the e13ctron s4 or the Vapor but I guess it was lucky I tried out a cheaper case first.

16. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

....dunno about the SGP website but I've noticed that some websites are actually stating that their cases will not fit the white iPhone. Otterbox is one such site that has this statement on their site.

17. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

I have two of these, clear and white and have tried them on both my white and black iPhone 4s. There's no "creaking" with either of the ones I have. They are amongst the tightest fitting cases I own.

18. iKroes thread starter macrumors newbie

Great to hear that Larry :rolleyes: You got a protector on the back of you phone?

Another Question: How is the clear back holding up? Is it scratched more?

19. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

No I do not.

It seems ok - pretty resistant to scratching.

20. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

.....I wonder whether the creaking, that some users are talking about, (me included) stems from where they have purchased their cases from?!

I bought mine from eBay. I did notice that my case had a very slight imperfection (not enough to complain about however) at the very top of it.

Do eBay sellers obtain the cases that SGP are not 100% happy about selling on their site (maybe due to not passing a quality control test or something) and then sell them off as genuine SGP cases (which they obviously are but have not passed SGPs quality control?!)? This could explain the slight imperfections I have experienced in this case and actually, from other SGP cases purchased on eBay (SGP Neo Hybrid).

Might try and purchase the Linear from Amazon and compare the quality.....

21. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

SGP sent mine to me. Turns outs it's perfectly fine on my original black iPhone 4. False alarm :)

22. maniacphoner macrumors regular

So there is no "cracking" sound on black ip4 but there is on the white ip4?

23. iKroes thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys....

Still got the case on and i really like it.

It still makes no weird noises, creaking or howere you wanna call it.

I have noticed one tiny problem thought. I call it tiny caus i can barely see it but the case scratched my metal band :(

It is a long line/scratch on the button side of the phone from top to bottom....
    I saw it when i took of the case to look how the phone held up.

Another tiny issue: When you're wearing a skin (not a protector, a skin) like zagg or another shieldskin, the backcover will create a vacuum. When you wanne take it off, you will bubble up the shield. For me it's not a big problem as i'm not taking it off for some time now;)

Besides the two problems i'm really enjoying this case!

24. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

If the new cases don't fit the white I am going to be bummed!