SGP iPhone 4 Case Neo Hybrid Matte Series

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nicname, Apr 12, 2011.

1. nicname macrumors member

any review for these cases in terms of comfortability?
    I just recently got the Griffin Reveal Frame and find even the rubber on the bumper to be bothersome when im trying to take my phone out of my pocket.
    is the back of this case a smooth rubber material?

2. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Yes, it is a smoother "rubber" material and I never had any problems taking the case in or out of a pants pocket, even jeans. However, I only used the case for about a month-or-so since the rubber backing began to sag ever so lightly, just enough to make it annoying to hold. Apparently others have experienced this as well. There's another thread on the forum that speaks to this problem.

HTH!

3. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

You should consider the Neohybrid EX. It is similar but with a fully naked back. So there is no sagging.

4. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Already been there. I like the Neo series (have it in Red, GunMetal, and Silver). The only problem with them is the very thin plastic on the bottom by the dock port which can be very prone to snapping. My Silver one experienced that.

5. NickRno77 macrumors regular

I have this case, took the plastic band of to clean my iphone, when I reinstalled the plastic band it snapped, so I purchased a new red dante "Neo Hybrid Frame Option Suite Series" lasted till I removed and reinstalled for cleaning. same thing happened. I really love the Neo Hybrid Color Series but now have no confidence with the plastic band :)

I did contact SGP but they said they won't deal with warranty claims that are not purchased from them directly, they said I would have to contact the eBay sellers I purchased from. Probably won't bother to much hassle.:mad:

Attached image of to plastic bands snapped in exactly the same place.

Attached Files:

6. leepetersonuk macrumors member

I had the a series. Silicone part of the case broke really easily. Ports aren't big so only apple accessories work properly in my experience.

7. casperfly macrumors newbie

8. polzii macrumors 6502

Agree that the quality is horrible. They look great but I wouldn't expect any protection

9. NickRno77 macrumors regular

I would also like to add the silicon rubber back is progressively sagging with age and is very irritating to hold and look at so I've gone back to my trusty Apple Bumper and Carbon Back Sticker.

If anyone has any ideas how to revive the tightness of the silicon please let me know.

10. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

you really are abusive with your cases

Ive had my SGP ex for months, with multiple changes. The plastic is not sagging, and Ive never felt like the plastic frame would break

Did you read the instructions ? make sure to put the top in first, then push in the phone with the front part of the phone going in first.

11. NickRno77 macrumors regular

New frames are no problem fitting, its when they are a few months old the plastic must degrade, anyway the silicon has gone floppy, saggy, so it doesn't lay flat on the back of the iPhone.

12. maniacphoner macrumors regular

They make great designs and I believe most of their products are pretty high in quality. However, I did experience the same breakage of the Neo Hybrid cases (near the dock port). I guess people have to be real careful when removing the Neo Hybrid cases.:p