SGP Leather Case illuzion Legend Black for Apple iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dr.S, Jul 12, 2010.

1. dr.S macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

2. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I think that case is gorgeous. The only thing I don't like is the big silver "S". I am loving my SGP vintage edition leather case. It is just as well made as my Vaja cases for half the price and a third of the wait.

3. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

I am not a fan of the big "S" as well. My vintage should be in at any time now:D

4. dr.S thread starter macrumors newbie

Personally, I don't mind "S" ... ;) as you can guess from my name, it is my initial and case would look personalized :D.

I did like the vintage as well but torn between this black edition which looks gorgeous with black iphone. I am not sure about the camel colour vinatge look though. Perhaps you guys with the vintage case throw some light and if possible original pics of your vintage with iphone.

5. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

What the hell is wrong with these guys that they think after shelling out big bux for one of their cases we want to have a flowery worded poem imprinted on the inside of the case where you're going to have to look at it every time you open the damn thing?

6. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I think the flowery worded poem thing is kinda cool. You can't read the poem anyway. For the vintage edition case it makes it look more "vintage".

7. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

In your case - the "S" is a plus!

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Pretty sweet case. At first I thought the S was customizable.. oh well.

9. dr.S thread starter macrumors newbie

Available to order now at sgpstore.com. Ships in 1-2 business days :)

Yipeeeeee :D

Looking forward to receiving it in UK soon. Will give a detailed review.

Wrapsol Ultra already on iPhone 4, and this case will sort out the rest. Search for protection is over now :)

10. pablo7 macrumors 6502

Big let down when you take pictures with the flash ...I have the Vintage leather which is the same thing just different material. :( the flash is to recessed to take a good colorful pic. gives it a whiteish effect.

11. dr.S thread starter macrumors newbie

I am going to use it as a pouch. Will take out for extended use and camera use and in case for quickie. So flash will not be a problem.

12. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Really?

I find that rather hard to believe. The problem that some cases have with the flash is caused by internal refractions and reflections occurring within clear plastic or acetate. The SGP case doesn't have anything that ought to cause this. Do you have any clear protector fitted to your phone's back?

I'll have to check this out when my SGP Vintage arrives but I'll be very surprised if there's an issue beyond remembering to keep the flap out of the way.

13. pablo7 macrumors 6502

Ya try it out when you get it. It's still a nice case. And no I don't have anything covering the back. Tried it a few times the colors don't come out as vivid.

14. random person macrumors 6502a

Pablo I tried out my Vintage case and there was no flash interference. Maybe I was doing someone wrong or maybe therre is sample variation?

My only issue with the sgp design is that the leather doesn't cover much of the edge of the phone, which makes it look gorgeous but also makes the case/phone combo harder to hold onto -- your fingers end up grasping the leather edges. Could be just me, though -- I'm trying not to scar up the case as I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it yet. Probably will though -- it is very nice looking and feels like an eraser in your hand! Soft!

Pablo don't you have an element vapor on order? Will you keep both? You can join labrat and me -- we are case twins!

Sometimes i still pine for the vaja. It's a sickness, case fetishism.

15. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I don't have any issue with the flash either using the SGP Vintage Edition leather pouch. The thing I do like about the case is that the corners are covered, unlike the Vaja ivolution cases. I have a dent in the left corner of my original iphone because of that. The rest of the phone looks brand new. Yes - I am also telling myself that I really don't need a Vaja case, but I'm sure before the end of the year I will cave. So now Random Person - does that make Pablo our phone triplet?

16. random person macrumors 6502a

Yes separated at birth!

17. random person macrumors 6502a

Oh and you are right about the corner coverage of the sgp! And since that is where the new phone is most vulnerable the sgp design is just that much more protective.

Ok I'm definitely keeping it!

18. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

AND getting a Vaja too, YES?

19. Boxcar085 macrumors newbie

My SGP Illuzion case came in yesterday's mail. If there's anything specific you want to know about it I'd be happy to tell you what I can. This is only day 2 though so I can't say much about it's durability.

Pros:
    -Great finish. Looks incredible for the price
    -Lightweight. Very little added bulk
    -Holds the iPhone firmly in place

Cons:
    -Thinner then I expected. I have nothing to back this up (hope I never do) but I wouldn't expect it to provide much protection in a waist level drop to a hard surface
    - I'm still getting used to the flap. It feels a bit awkward atm.

20. random person macrumors 6502a

Probably but WHY WHY? What's wrong with us? Must be our gene pool!;)

Really, why would I keep the sgp and still order a Vaja? And the vapor?

You had a white bumper too, no? I still have mine!!!

21. pablo7 macrumors 6502

try it in low light take one picture with the case on and one pic. With the case off it has the issue all cases with a small flash hole have. You can see the difference. Thee Nile is a river in Egypt. I'm on the preorder list for the vapor haven't ordered yet

22. random person macrumors 6502a

Yep I did the test in a dark closet and there isno difference, case on or off.

23. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

Yep - HAD a white bumper - I sold it. I also have a red metallic iFrogz original Luxe, a white "Replicase" air jacket (from eBay) and one of those fugly red Marware bumpers (kinda Jolly Rancher red :( ). Today my phone is wearing the Replicase. Who knows what it will be wearing tomorrow!

24. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Hey Pablo,

It appears that I owe you an apology.

I just received my SGP Vintage today and I'm seeing the whitish tinge to my flash photos in low light.

25. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

My exact same feelings on the SGP Vintage Edition Leather Flimsy, thin,little protection