SGP Linear Crystal Case Silicone Edge?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 00trayn, Oct 12, 2011.

1. 00trayn macrumors member

I've currently got an Otterbox Commuter (the iphone 4 design) for my new iphone 4S that's coming on Friday, but I'm really liking the simplicity of the SGP Linear Crystal case. For someone who has it, or has seen it up close, does it have a rim of silicone around the edges so that it has something to grip or prevent it from sliding around? I've seen the Apple bumper case and it has the rim of silicon around the edge on the front and back, and it looks like the Linear Crystal case has that too, but I can't tell from the website.

Thanks for the help!

2. whatdoiknw macrumors member

no it does not. the NEO is the one with the silicone wrapping (note, you need to buy for the verizon model, not att)

www.sgpstore.com and they have vids.

3. 00trayn thread starter macrumors member

Good to know, thanks! I want something to grip on to, I feel like the hard plastic would go flying out of my hands at some point. I might just stick with the Otterbox Commuter, providing it fits and all (since it's the iPhone 4 case).

4. jkliveng macrumors member

jkliveng

5. whatdoiknw macrumors member

as long as it says compatible with verizon/cdma/4s, it will fit. if it's just for att, then most likely the mute button won't fit.

6. 00trayn thread starter macrumors member

The amazon item name said universal (AT&T/Verizon) so I'm guessing it should fit OK. I do like these SGP Neo cases too though. Might use one of these as a backup if I don't like the Otterbox and I return it.