SGP Linear vs. Speck Pixelskin HD (Cases for Verizon iPhone 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MaxMike, Apr 12, 2011.

1. MaxMike, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011

MaxMike macrumors 6502

Next week for my birthday a family member is buying me an iPhone 4 and a case. I already know that I am getting the 32GB model, but I'm debating cases. I looked at the Griffin Elan Form on the Apple Online Store but it just looks like painted plastic to me. While searching on the forums I saw the SGP linear and it looks really nice how it protects the perimeter and the clear back protects the back, but it might not be as good as a protector as having a rubber casesince it is all hard plastic. Then I started to think again about the Pixelskin HD. My pretty much only reservation about that one is how the mute switch cutout is for the AT&T version, not the iPhone (unless it has been revised since the review on Amazon). I checked Otterbox but all the cases seem to be very bulky, which I don't want. And online there are multiple complaints about how the backing (design) os the Speck Fitted cases comes off after a few weeks. Any other good recommendations? Just no cases that are solely bumpers as I'd like the back glass to be protected. Thanks! :apple:

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

sgp linear over the pixel skin hd imo,
    i like speck see thru satin and magpul field case they are great.

3. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Have you tried the SGP Linear? Does it have watermarking?

4. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i just got it. havent used it enough to say about watermarking but i hate the pixel skin hd the buttons are hard as a rock and the see thru satin is a better option.

5. MaxMike, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011

MaxMike thread starter macrumors 6502

The SeeThru Satin is only listed under the AT&T version on Speck's site. The only similar option would be the Incase Hardshell, but I'm a little skeptical on how the top and bottom of the phone are exposed rather than covered like on the other cases I mentioned. Or does anyone know if the SeeThru would fit fine on the Verizon? (I know there is only the slight covering of the mute switch). Still curious on how that SGP case is since you said you just got it :rolleyes:

EDIT: Has anyone tried the Griffin Reveal? Seems very similar to the SGP Linear but has rubber for the perimeter (my complaint with the Linear)
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/reveal-iphone4#

6. Windstalker macrumors newbie

I vouch for Speck. Rubber on the case is very sturdy and offers some great protection. It's very simple neat looking case which I absolutely love!

Linear case.. not so sure. They seem to have advantage of different colored "pieces" to be combined, but their high glossy cases are just.. finger magnets!

Who doesn't hate finger prints! Colors ain't that bad tho.

7. MaxMike thread starter macrumors 6502

I suppose I could always cut a SLIGHT amount away so that the mute switch cutout is prefect. Or does anyone also have experience with the fitted case? Seems to be a bit cooler looking with the plaid fabric backs, but I am just a little skeptical about the back peeling. Anyone experience this or is it really not a problem? Guess the thread title should be changed to Speck PixelSkin HD vs. Fitted Case :p