SGP Neo Hybrid 2 First Impressions and Pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by techdude6693, Aug 7, 2011.

1. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

I got my Neo Hybrid in Dante Red from CreTouch, I've been using it for a day, so these are some initial impressions

The case itself doesn't look much different from the original Neo Hybrid, but the big difference is that the both pieces are more sturdy. I own the original Neo Hybrid as well and this one is a bit thicker, but its easier to install. The buttons are also a bit different as well, The entirety of the button is now colored silver and the volume buttons now have the plus and minus engraved into it. The cutouts haven't changed size, so it still won't work with many 3rd party cables or headphones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Does it still have the slightly raised writing inside? The neo hybrid one did and left that imprint on the back of my phone. It won't come off.

Also does it seem like it'll sag like the original?

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I have that imprint too! Drives me crazy that I can't get rid of it.

4. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

It still does have writing inside, there's less of it though. But I never had that issue with the original neo hybrid

5. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just as a note, the frames and silicone pieces between the neo hybrid 1 & 2 are interchangeable. There's a small thing worth mentioning though. Since the frame on the neo hybrid 2 is thicker, when you use it on the original silicone piece it makes the buttons flush and a bit hard to press.

6. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Would you say the plastic around the dock connector is much sturdier now? On my Neo Hybrid EX, the plastic in that area snapped.

7. techdude6693, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

It definitely is, Even I managed to break the bottom portion on my White Neo Hybrid, but this one probably won't break unless you're trying to break it or if it has a very drop

8. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

It's amazing how much better pictures can look with a DSLR ;)

9. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tell me about it. And this is with pretty crappy lighting too.. If I tried to take the same pictures with the old point and shoot I had, It'd probably implode

10. 365diary macrumors newbie

Thank you for your picture and review.
    I like to try a new neo frame now!! It looks good.
    I see this costs $2 more, was it worth it?

11. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

For the extra sturdiness, yes

12. maniacphoner macrumors regular

I remember that happening to a lot of people using the original Neo Hybrid series, but I think it usually happened near the port where most people use 3rd party cables. Please tell us more of your experience as you try out the case. thanks.

13. Faded1984 macrumors member

I remember on the original one I had that the area around the volume buttons would be raised slightly meaning that if you pressed between the buttons it would effectively make the buttons function when they shouldn't as that area should be flat.
    I noticed from your pictures that this area looks raised on yours, is it still a problem where the area between the buttons makes the buttons come into action?