SGP Neo Hybrid Case VS PixelSkin HD? Advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by itegypt, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Ann P macrumors 68020

These are great cases but what are you looking for? Both will provide decent drop protection, although keep in mind the Speck has more of raised screen edge/lip than the SGP. In terms of looks, the SGP wins, hands down.

Slightly off-topic, I got the Neo Hybrid (in silver) for my boyfriend and I might just order one for myself! Can't go wrong with any of the aluminum colors.

I'll also recommend the SGP Slim Armor or Slim Armor S. Might be the sweet spot between these two cases. :)

2. itegypt, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013

itegypt thread starter macrumors 6502

itegypt

I'm looking for a real Slim protective and attractive case
    Thanks!!!

3. itegypt thread starter macrumors 6502

itegypt

4. schizbomb macrumors 6502

I have both, so here's my assessment of it.

Pros in favor of the Neo Hybrid:

The Neo Hybrid is much more snug, it is TIGHT on the phone. The PixelSkin eventually would let dust between the lip and the screen, but the Neo Hybrid is seemingly airtight, it never lets dust get under it.

"Metallized buttons" The buttons on the Neo Hybrid are clicky and feel great, and not mushy.

Aesthetics: This is more my opinion, but I think it looks slick.

Less bulk added.

Pros for the PixelSkin:

Better grip: It catches more surfaces and does not slide. The Neo Hybrid is just as slick as your naked phone, but the PixelSkin adds grip.

Bigger camera cutout: If that matters to you

Easier to remove and clean: Might be a moot point as we are talking seconds, but it does come off easier.

Bigger lip on the front of the phone so you can lay it on the screen.

My overall preference: For the money, I think the Neo Hybrid is markedly better. I got mine in gold for my Space Grey. Looks great.

5. itegypt thread starter macrumors 6502

itegypt

Thanks does anyone has this slim one http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-SGP-SGP10476-Armor-iPhone/dp/B00DD62ZB0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

6. lunch macrumors member

I bought both and tried them both out and kept the PixelSkin. The thin plastic half-case on the NeoHybrid is very thin, does not fit snugly, has sharp edges and is slippery.

7. Bamff macrumors regular

I have used the Slim Armor, Neo Hybrid, and the Slim Armor S, all great cases. If you're looking for slim, the Neo Hybrid is the way to go, but the plastic band around the TPU is scratch prone in my opinion, with nothing else coming in contact with it including it being in my pockets by itself.
    I'm presently using the Slim Armor S and has held up pretty nicely with no scratches. I feel the S is a great medium between the Slim Armor and the Neo Hybrid.