SGP Neo Hybrid EX bumper - headphone cutout

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Onthelo, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Just so you guys know the headphone cutout for the SGP Neo Hybrid EX case sucks! It does not fit like half the headphones and mini-mini adapter cables. So quick fix I used my unibit and drilled it one size bigger and low and behold now the plugs are fitting better.. just so you guys know if your careful you can open the cutout up one size larger and it will save allot of headache trying to find a real skinny headphone mini jack. :D

I will post some pics of the stock size and the drilled out size tomorow so you can see for reference.

2. gary1969 macrumors newbie

Interestingly enough, I recently submitted a negative user review on their site for this exact problem but it never made it past their screeners. Once you submit a review, it must be screened by them prior to publishing, which may explain why they have such great reviews on their site.

In my situation, the connector for my Klipsch S4 headphones were jammed in the hole. The hold was so firm that I finally had to pull it out with pliers. Instead of the headphones coming out, the ring actually bowed out and refused to release the connector so I had a warped case ring with my headphones still stuck in them. I finally had no choice but break the connector to get it out of the ring so I could get the case off of the phone.

After that experience and the fact that they censor reviews, I'll never have another SGP product.

3. SR Steve macrumors member

Same here, their products do not fit correctly and they don't seem to care. Too bad as I like many of their designs... :(