SGP Neo Hybrid Ex on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dino F, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Not really sure about this case....!!!

I have one of these on my iPhone 5 ( http://www.spigen.com/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-slim-metal.html ) but not really sure if I am liking it...?!:confused:

Sure it is probably the most slimmest bumpers you can have on the iPhone 5 and I have had plenty of cases on my 5 which have been a lot bigger than this : Element Sector 5, SGP Tough Armor, SGP Slim Armor and an Apple leather case.

For some weird reason, however, the Neo Hybrid seems to make my iPhone 5 feel just that little bit too wide...?! :confused: Not sure if this is because I can feel the back of the phone when I am holding the phone with the bumper on it or what - truly confused...?!?!?! Like I said - I have had plenty of other cases on my iPhone 5 which have indeed been wider than the Neo Hybrid, and they have all felt fine, however, something on the Neo Hybrid is just giving me mixed feelings........!

Debating whether to just take the bumper off altogether and go 'naked' and buy a Sena pouch instead (my network 2 year contract runs out this September when the iPhone 6 is released)?!

2. viewfly, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014

viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

SGP Neo Hybrid Ex on iPhone 5

Its all in your mind. It's a great case. And no wider or less than the ones you mentioned. And lighter in weight since it has no back material. In fact it feels thin since it has no back. With the bumper design, it picks up leas debris due to the reduced contact area.

Lastly, it prevents overheating your battery thereby extending its life.

Pouches are great, but a nuisance if you use your phone a lot. I've dropped previous phones mostly when using a pouch. And yes a naked iPhone will scratch up when you lay it down on various surfaces. That's is why a bumper is necessary.

[​IMG]

3. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

I compared the Neo Hybrid bumper to my existing Element Flight 5 case and the SGP bumper is actually wider and taller than the Flight 5 case from Element.

Gone back to the Flight 5!!!

4. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

You gotta chose what is right for you. The Spigen is 1.2 mm wider overall. But I like it the best.