sgp Neo Hybrid Ex or Pinlo metal case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nicname, Apr 16, 2011.

1. nicname, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

nicname macrumors member

Thoughts and inputs between these two.
    The con of SGP is that it has rubber around the edges and I was wondering if slipping it in and out of your pocket is a hassle?
    the pros is that SGP supplies me with 2 screen protectors and i've heard they make some of the best ones out there.
    ALSO: is the matte series rubber easy to slip in and out of my pocket?

The pinlo is aluminum/plastic and seems it will slip in and out of my pocket no problem.
    It does come with screen protectors, but idk if they're the same quality as SGP.

2. nicname thread starter macrumors member

3. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

The SGP Neo Hybrid EX rubber has just enough grip that it won't slide freely on a surface, but it still slips in and out of my jeans pocket just fine. It comes with one back protector and one screen protector, both are pretty good.

4. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

I would get the Pinlo. About the same price. Not sure about the screen shield quality. But, most people say the SGP either becomes loose or breaks after a few months, so you will likely be buying another. The Pinlo will have more longevity...

5. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

I bought the Neo hybrid and wish I didn't it's cheap and tacky in look and feel compared to the phone metalic design.

6. MacDaddy08 macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

Don't get the Neo Hybrid EX. Mine broke after 1 week of normal use. The bottom around the data/power connection is WAY too thin and snaps easily. Also, the buttons on the rubber bumper underneath make it look cheap, definitely not worth $30. It's a bad design, stay away.

7. Kenji458 macrumors member

Had the Pinlo Bladedge and I'd say the front and back screen protectors were top notch..

No bubbles and clarity was excellent.. In fact, I reckon its cut fits the home button and earpiece notch more precisely than PS crystal..