SGP oleophoblic vs. Ultra Crystal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BBQ BOY, Jul 18, 2010.

1. BBQ BOY macrumors regular

Which of the 2 is the most clear/sharp? Is one more thick than the other?
    I am only looking for the front since Wrapsol has let me down more than I want to mention.

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I have the crystal and the screen looks great but is a grease fingerprint magnet. I'll be ordering the oleophoblic protector this week.

3. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

can you let me know if they got the front camera cut out? i am looking at their diagrams of what is included, and the front camera is not cut out.

4. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I received the Oleophobics at the end of last week and they do not have front camera cutouts. However I've found that they don't impact photo quality.

I should also point out that the Oleophobics also attract fingerprints but they are easy to clean off.

5. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

6. Malig macrumors member

I just posted this in the other thread..

I have the ex ultra clear and while it looks nice with colorful things on the screen, I can tell its there with a white background because it looks a little grainy or however you describe it, it just isn't super clear. Is the oleophobic different? I might just go without any protection on the front if not :(

7. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

No

At least to me the Oleophobic always looks crisp and clear. It's hard to tell that there's a screen protector on there unless you look really closely.

8. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

I think the crystal looks a tad sharper, but I think it's hard to notice. It's also a bit thicker. I personally would rather have the oleophobic screen film.

Also FYI, these scratch super easily on the back of the phone. I've only set it down and it looks like I took my keys to it. I ordered a bse that I'm gonna install and see how that goes.

9. headcheese macrumors regular

I was running the ultra clear because it came with my SGP carbon back and I have found the exact OPPOSITE. I just put my oleophobic on Friday, and my girl went to use my phone that night and said "when are you going to put a screen protector on this thing?!?" I swear! Of course I had a bumper on, and she's just a chick so she might not notice these things, but I really like the olephobic :eek:

10. Kevio macrumors regular

Your deductive skills are sharpening grasshopper.

11. headcheese macrumors regular

Lol

But seriously, it really does hardly look like anything is there. HIGHLY suggest anyone that is toiling between the 2 get the oleophobic. Much MUCH better product IMO

12. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I have them both. Crystal on the back, Oleophobic on the front. In my opinion, the Oleophobic is superior in both clarity and the fact it attracts less fingerprints, and cleans so easily, it's a winner over the Crystal.

13. headcheese macrumors regular

^^^QFT

14. sammjordan macrumors member

Agree 100%...put my oleophobic on this past weekend, feels smooth as glass and I can't even tell it's there, it's that clear

15. optimusp517 macrumors member

optimusp517

I'd love to order the skin guard leather with oleophobic, but you can't pick that option and hopefully they'll answer the email.

16. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

just got mine in today, less than 30 second install including squeegee out all bubbles! New record!

17. sammjordan macrumors member

lol, good luck getting them to answer...I sent them a couple emails 2-3 weeks ago asking if they were going to come out with an oleophobic protector for the back, still no response..who knows though, you might get lucky ;)

18. optimusp517 macrumors member

optimusp517