SGP+PixelSkin HD??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gigemzach, Jul 24, 2010.

1. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Is this combo possible? I have the PixelSkin HD with the Zagg and it is peeling up all around. Has anyone tried this combo and how does it work?

Thanks.

2. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

Wait, do you have full body zagg and pixelskin HD? where is it peeling can you take pictures?

3. screamace macrumors member

I had SGP on mine before getting the PixelSkin HD. Yes it did get peeled off all around. I didn't have this problem with the CandyShell maybe because the lips of PixelSkin HD are a little wider than the CandyShell.

4. gigemzach thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a full body zagg and its peeling near the volume, mute button, below the home button, and a little one on the right side. I try and smooth out the bubbles and they continue to come back. Sorry but I am unable to take pictures since the phone is my camera.

5. gigemzach thread starter macrumors 6502

It's a screen protector company.

6. gigemzach thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya after I took my Zagg back to Best Buy to get it replaced, the guy cut of some of the Zagg off all the way around, and now I don't have those problems. The only thing that sucks is that he cut a little too much at the top and he couldn't cut straight.... but otherwise it is a lot better....

7. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Oh no! Its going to interfere with my SGP ultra Crystal.

Oh boy going to have to cancel my order. Anyone else experience this??

8. gigemzach thread starter macrumors 6502

Experience the peeling or the canceling your case through Apple?

9. pikkashoe macrumors regular

If the pixel skin will not work with my SGP screen protector, I will have to cancel my order for the Pixelskin I just placed through Amazon.

I have an incase snap case coming from apple.

I guess I will have to wait for Incase to release the slider cases then.

10. hanguk9117 macrumors newbie

Does anyone else have experience with the pixelskin HD and a SGP screen protector?

I saw a video where the pixelskin HD caused a Switcheasy screen protector to peel a bit.

11. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

I have the Pixelskin HD with Zagg IS and it peels up alot.

12. hanguk9117 macrumors newbie

My pixelskin HD just came in today. I currently have the wrapsol back & sides, + SGP oleophobic front on. No issues, fits great.

13. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Ok now I am confused. Some people are having issues with the screen protectors and some or not?
    What gives? Hanguk, maybe the wrapsol sides are pushing the case out a bit allowing room for your sgp oleophobic.

My pixelskin should be here this week, and I have an sgp ultra crystal, so I will let you guys know my results.

14. pikkashoe macrumors regular

15. labman macrumors 604

labman

Just so you know Many of us here on MR have complained about SGP customer service. if you get what you want your good. if you have any issues well there Customer service does not exist. you can do searches and find a number of them.

16. LAS22 macrumors regular

LAS22

not the pixelskin hd but here are a couple of sgp (anti fingerprint) and griffen reveal. it's only several days of use, so we'll see.

Attached Files:

17. hanguk9117 macrumors newbie

Hmm, well I've had the pixelskin HD on for a good 6 hours now...and absolutely no peeling of the front sgp oleophobic screen protector, none whatsoever.

Maybe it depends on how the user aligns the sgp screen protector? or maybe you're right, and the wrapsol sides push it out a bit. I have no clue, but i can confirm that it works for me.

18. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Hopefully you are right, but give it a few days. Mine got worse over time.

19. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

The Zagg's blow period! I'm going to try a SGP next.

20. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Is the case a good fit? My concern with the Reveal is that the sides can be pulled away easily/move enough where dust will get in easily.

21. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Anyone else have the pixelskin hd with no wraps on the side?
    Everything I have read indicates this case will affect the screen protector.

I have a pixelskin coming, but I dont want to risk messing up my screen protector. I finally got it on there perfect and I dont want to risk damaging it.

22. LAS22 macrumors regular

LAS22

yes, with the shield, the case is still a good fit. the edge of the shield just barely clears the case. with the soft edges of this case, i would agree small debris will get in between. with any other case, occasional cleaning should be performed regardless.

23. frikfrak macrumors regular

I have the pixelskin HD, SGP Oleophobic on front, BSE on back, nothing on the antenna band. No lifting of the screen protector. I was very careful putting the case on though. So far so good....

24. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I have this exact combo and I have no issues.